2019 Lincoln MKX renamed Nautilus

As I said in the other thread, I LOVE the name... and the existing vehicles really take well to the new grille.

Makes you wonder why they didn't rename the MKC? Seems kinda odd man out.

Death to MK! Love live names!

Yeah because Lincoln didn't have a problem switching the Zephyr to MKZ after the first year of production. They need to get those real names on the remaining models already!

It fits the Navigator/Aviator theme. Not my first choice but I think it’s better than MKX.

As for the 3.0T, there is still a chance it makes it to job 1. It may simply be a timing issue as to whether it’s ready or not and they don’t want to over promise and not deliver.

So, it's nuclear powered. Are we talking Mr. Fusion or a variant of a Star Trek warp core?

As you can tell, I think the name is pretty silly.

Makes me think of Kirk Douglas battling a giant squid!

I agree with akirby - Nautilus fits in with the Lincoln theme, and most people, potential customers will think it is a dignified name.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

Except we already knew that's all it was. I'd been saying it for weeks. I'll agree they overhyped it, but the obviously feel that going back to names is big news, and I think that is more of the reason for the fanfare rather than the vehicle itself.....not to say the vehicle isn't worth of it, I just think we'd have seen a more MKC-like debut had it just been "here's the refreshed MKX!"

Edited by rmc523

USS Nautilus (SSN-571)

This is pretty serious history - and dignifies the name:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nautilus_(SSN-571)

Nautilus sounds like a boat to me. Looks like the future of Lincoln will be to buy either a model of a plane or boat. When I think of cars as boats, I think of huge gaudy cars from the 50-70's that were gas guzzlers and just way overdone.

Nautilus sounds like a boat to me. Looks like the future of Lincoln will be to buy either a model of a plane or boat. When I think of cars as boats, I think of huge gaudy cars from the 50-70's that were gas guzzlers and just way overdone.

It's either a sea creature or a boat that is designed to sink. Either way, not a name for a gussied up Ford Edge.

Please, in all seriousness, explain to me this theme. I'm lost with it. I'm approaching Lincoln's target market age and there is nothing in their showroom that appeals to me or the wife.

What's there to not understand? Continental, Navigator, Aviator, and now Nautilus follow a general travel/aeronautical/nautical theme.

• Like 1

What's there to not understand? Continental, Navigator, Aviator, and now Nautilus follow a general travel/aeronautical/nautical theme.

Ok. Travel, I get that. There is no Aviator. Nautilus doesn't work. It's a boat.

Can a mod please move this to the Lincoln discussion where it belongs? Then I won't have the compulsion to argue the stupidity of this name.

Thank you.

Ok. Travel, I get that. There is no Aviator. Nautilus doesn't work. It's a boat.

Can a mod please move this to the Lincoln discussion where it belongs? Then I won't have the compulsion to argue the stupidity of this name.

Thank you.

An Aviator and a boat don't fit with travel?

Ok...

I guess I don't understand what you're getting at.

The theme will make more sense as this cycle continues. The attributes associated with the Continental imagery will be the connective tissue. From what I understand there are comprehensive campaigns ready to roll, so long as they stick with it.

Costal success hasn't gone unnoticed, and expect to see names, themes, and marketing concepts to spring from that.

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 1

The theme will make more sense as this cycle continues. The attributes associated with the Continental imagery will be the connective tissue. From what I understand there are comprehensive campaigns ready to roll, so long as they stick with it.

Costal success hasn't gone unnoticed, and expect to see names, themes, and marketing concepts to spring from that.

That sounds pretty exciting, actually.

You can get creative with some of the Black Label themes for the "Nautilus"..., "Titanic, Britannia, or Queen Mary Editions". Picture it, Titanic can come with satin lined head-liner (just like a coffin), Ice Cold White Interior Leather and Weathered Pine Interior wood touches throughout...

That sounds pretty exciting, actually.

I've followed the industry and company closely for about 20 years, and I've been decently sourced for about 10. This is by far the most complete, realistic, and stable understanding of image, placement, statement, and aspiration I've seen them have for Lincoln. I hope they stick to it. Edited by PREMiERdrum