2018/19 Lightning?

LSchicago

A good portion of 6.2 Raptor owners Supercharged them. Not much you can do for big HP gains on EB Raptors. It severely limits potential for a quick shot of power.

Im going to have to disagree with that. There are several companies that are doing things with tunes alone. I have been looking at this kit from Whipple. Its a very nice gain.

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=439

The only thing I miss is the V8 sound, otherwise the truck runs good. But you really cant replace that sound, Unfortunately.

Edited by tbone

Well excuse the hell out of me for posting my wish on the with list. Seems there are only BUTT HURT Eco lovers here.

You didn’t say that’s what YOU wanted. You said that’s what all Lightning enthusiasts wanted. Big difference.

Nothing wrong with a V8, but there’s also nothing wrong with a stout ecoboost V6 like the new 3.5. If it’s good enough for the Raptor and a Ford GT then it’s good enough for a lightning.

Also nothing wrong with a supercharged V8.

You didn’t say that’s what YOU wanted. You said that’s what all Lightning enthusiasts wanted. Big difference.

Nothing wrong with a V8, but there’s also nothing wrong with a stout ecoboost V6 like the new 3.5. If it’s good enough for the Raptor and a Ford GT then it’s good enough for a lightning.

Also nothing wrong with a supercharged V8.

I did say that's what I wanted in the first post.

The Tremor was not built to be a Lightning replacement and it was a regular cab, which was a recipe for failure.

If they would've put the supercharged V8 in it, (or tt V8) It would've been a much better seller IMHO. I would've traded my 13 RCSB 5.0 for the 14 in a heartbeat! I test drove the Tremor and was disappointed.

No, No, No! Ford tried that with the Tremor. It failed miserably, selling less than 1,000 units. It was no quicker than the 5.0 RCSB. Not a high performance truck at all. Motor Trend just tested the 2018 4X4 CC 395HP 5.0 Platinum (5371#) against the Raptor EB with 450HP that weighs 5711, and they both ran 14.7. The 5.0 had 3.31 gears and the Raptor has 4.10's. I fail to see how the Ecoboost can be used in a Lightning sucessfully. The 2018 F150 RCSB with 5.0 is now the quickest factory Ford truck ever built, Running 13.2 in the 1/4, bone stock and full weight. Even if the go back to the original Lightning idea, of a performance NA engine (Mustang GT 5.0) It would run mid-high 12's. If they supercharged it with a Roush, they would get 640HP without any other changes! The truck Pioneer Ford builds is close, but not all a factory Lightning would be. PIoneer is also about $6,000 higher than that package should be. Ford can build a much better truck in house and sell them under $50K Supercharged and they would sell like Crazy. Or build the 5.0 GT (much better than the Raptor V6 for a performance truck) motored version with 4.10 gears Under $44K. I'd be in line, ready to trade my 13. It's all I've been waiting for......

I had a Tremor. It drove just like any F-150, but it was indeed a nice truck. Too bad they didn't take it a bit further than the look. I also had a 93 Lightning when that came out and it was the vehicle that turned me into a Ford guy. I think the Tremor was probably faster with the 3.5 than the Lighting with the 5.8, but the Lightning sure sounded better and handled better.

Edited by MKX1960