2019 MKC first look

MKX got a new name because Ford was launching it in China and didn't want to use MKX for 2 more years only to switch to something else.

MKC is already on sale in China so no reason to change it now. They'll just wait until the new model to come out, which should be around 2 years time.

FWIW, I saw a caravan of 2019 MKCs on I75 this weekend. I noticed them right away. They look like previous gen Audi Q5s on the road with that stubbier rounded look, perhaps a little too cute for my taste but I like it well enough.

Did production start?

Edited by Assimilator

Looks pretty classy but everything else stays the same. Like my '16 real well. It has all the features you would expect from Lincoln. The new front gives it a more tailored look.

Looks like next to nothing other than the new front and a couple of paint colors changed. I'm surprised they still don't have multi contour seats or Revel yet.

Looks like next to nothing other than the new front and a couple of paint colors changed. I'm surprised they still don't have multi contour seats or Revel yet.

It probably means they have big plans for the next generation and it might be here sooner than we all think.

MKX got a new name because Ford was launching it in China and didn't want to use MKX for 2 more years only to switch to something else.

MKC is already on sale in China so no reason to change it now. They'll just wait until the new model to come out, which should be around 2 years time.

MKX has been on sale there...

It probably means they have big plans for the next generation and it might be here sooner than we all think.

I've thought all along it'd be a 1-2 year stopgap to unify the lineup with the new grille. Joy F (can't remember how to spell her name) also said Lincoln will have 2 new utilities by 2020 I think it was? Aviator is one, there's no way the other isn't the MKC replacement.

As a current MKC owner, it appears the major change is the front. Interior is same, same which is one of the most functional interiors I have ever had. This ride equipped with the 2.3 is a little hotrod. I would advise prospective buyers to consider the 2.3 option. As far as interior options the new Nautilus had a grey at the auto show. I know it sounds bland but it did look sharp. I prefer the hazelnut for the current interiors but that grey could be an option to the cappuccino.

I think the other additions with the 2019 MKC is Co-Pilot360 and a new greenish interior color option.

The Next-gen MKC isn't expected until 2022 so they could have gone a bit farther to span the time.

MKC is great little Crossover and quite a sleeper if you get the 2.3L I4. It's a little too out of date now since I think it's overdue for a more significant interior refresh, but it's still relevant.

I think the other additions with the 2019 MKC is Co-Pilot360 and a new greenish interior color option.

The Next-gen MKC isn't expected until 2022 so they could have gone a bit farther to span the time.

MKC is great little Crossover and quite a sleeper if you get the 2.3L I4. It's a little too out of date now since I think it's overdue for a more significant interior refresh, but it's still relevant.

Why would it be so far out with Escape new for 2020?

• 6 months later...