2019 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

According to ice-capades' latest post, production on the 2019s was supposed to begin on Monday. I have had one on order since early August. My assumption has been that initial production always starts out with dealer stock units for a period of time and, once there are no production glitches then they can start including customer orders into the mix. Before I bug my salesman for a VIN# or scheduling date, can some insider educate me on how things are going?

If I remember correctly from my 2018 Navigator order the ones built before Job#1 date will end up as regular stock and special orders begin production once Job#1 has been achieved. You wont get a VIN until a couple weeks before your truck is scheduled to be built. Dont quote me on this but I believe this is the process.

If I remember correctly from my 2018 Navigator order the ones built before Job#1 date will end up as regular stock and special orders begin production once Job#1 has been achieved. You wont get a VIN until a couple weeks before your truck is scheduled to be built. Dont quote me on this but I believe this is the process.

Initial scheduling and production is restricted to Dealer stock orders only. Retail orders start scheduling after the "OK to Buy" status is achieved. VIN numbers are assigned at the time orders are scheduled.

• Like 1

According to ice-capades' latest post, production on the 2019s was supposed to begin on Monday. I have had one on order since early August. My assumption has been that initial production always starts out with dealer stock units for a period of time and, once there are no production glitches then they can start including customer orders into the mix. Before I bug my salesman for a VIN# or scheduling date, can some insider educate me on how things are going?

I ordered 8/10 and got the VIN from the dealer on 9/21. He said it was scheduled to build 10/29. Ive tried using the VIN on Fords tracking website, but it hasnt worked yet. I would think yours has to be on about the same timeline.

• 3 weeks later...

Salesman called today. He said it's due in the day after Thanksgiving, Ford's tracking website says first week in December.

What tracking website are you using? I cant get my VIN to work anywhere, other then to generate a window sticker. Dealer said eta was 11/19. Thanks

• 1 month later...