2019 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the following timetable has been announced for the 2018MY Balance Out & 2019MY Job #1.

• 01/05/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 01/25/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 03/25/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

• 01/17/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 02/15/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 03/26/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

Looks like the 2018MY Expedition is going to just start arriving at dealerships in volume when the 2019MY Expedition USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is going to be open!

The 2019MY Expedition Order Guide should be released to dealers on or about the date that the USOB opens. Now the speculation can start as to what changes will be made for the 2019 Model Year!

Do you have any idea of any changes that may be made...? Obviously no exterior changes(aside from the king ranch model being added), but any features ford may add? If the aforementioned king ranch model debuts next year just months after i recieve my truck, ima be ???

they did the same thing when the 2015 Edge came out. It was only in production for I think about 7 months before the 16s started being built. They didn't really add a whole lot for the next year.
  • Like 1

I've heard there is a solid chance that Ford may open up the "XL" currently fleet only trim level as a regular trim. Might be happening in order to lower the price point since Chevy introduced that lower priced Tahoe Custom without the 3rd row for MY18.

Not that I think it will sell a lot I think it's a smart idea just to have as a price point. 2018 Tahoe Custom starts at $44,995 while 2018 Expedition XLT starts at $51,695.

So, that will be about 5 months production? Seems like they realize they're pushing too far upmarket and forgetting the customers that want a big no frills Expedition. That may be around the time I'd be thinking about trading and I would go after an 18 if enough incentives.

So, that will be about 5 months production? Seems like they realize they're pushing too far upmarket and forgetting the customers that want a big no frills Expedition. That may be around the time I'd be thinking about trading and I would go after an 18 if enough incentives.

This is in response to the "upmarket" trend and my experience at the dealership level.

The Market my dealership is in doesn't sell a lot of Expeditions traditionally. The Market here is dominated by the Chevy and GMC models and the Cadillac Escalade to a much smaller extent. As such, our dealership went years where we stocked a "token" Expedition which sat on the lot until it was usually traded to another Dealer. Those units were always loaded Limited models which the Dealer Principal and General Manager wanted us to stock when we chose to do so. Since the Expedition Platinum series became available the store started stocking those which the Dealer Principal would then drive as a demonstrator vehicle. Unfortunately, he'd have to drive it for at least 6+ months so that the dealership had depreciated it so much that we could then sell it to a customer that could afford the reduced "Demo" price.

Our dealership has a 2018 Expedition Platinum scheduled for a BOF member which will be built on 12/01/2017 and expected to arrive at the dealership by Christmas. Just this past week, we did our wholesale allocation meeting with our Ford Zone Manager and the Company offered us allocation for (3) 2018 Expeditions which we agreed to take. During the conversation, I told the Dealer Principal and General Manager that I thought the dealership was making a big mistake and missing potential sales by stocking only Platinum series. Of the 3 Expeditions to be scheduled soon, I suggested only 1 Platinum series and 2 XLT's w/Leather & Navigation. The XLT's w/Leather & Navigation will have MSRP's around $57K which is a much more reasonable step up from a loaded Explorer. I would even consider an XLT w/Cloth for an even lower price point.

Again, just sharing some thoughts and experiences.

• Like 1

They still have a base XLT version that’s available retail. I don’t see a need for an even more stripped down XL for retail sales.

• Like 1

Diesel? options will probably get slightly more streamlined with fewer free standing ones. Maybe safety tech moves to standard equipment.

Good guess ! That is about the time when the diesel is supposed to be available in the F150 !!

I wasn't really thinking about ordering one until spring. Looks like it will be late spring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Per last week's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) that was just published today, there's been a major change to the 2018/2019 Expedition production schedule! Below is the new timetable.

• 08/03/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 09/13/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 11/18/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

• 09/17/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 10/18/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 11/19/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

The 2019 Expedition Order Guide will be released to Dealers on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens.

I like this much better. It's a lot easier to get a good deal toward the end of a model year than at the beginning.

Urban myth unless the new models have been out for a few months and you can find a leftover. Especially when the new model is virtually unchanged.

• 5 months later...

Per today's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the updated 2018/2019 Expedition production schedule!

• 06/29/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 07/19/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/14/2018 - 2018MY Balance Out Date

• 07/18/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/16/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/15/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

The 2019 Expedition Order Guide will be released to Dealers on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...