Why is it taking so long for the Bronco to come out?

Dana said in some presentation within the last year that they had a contract to make the axles for the Bronco. It's linked here in a discussion about whether it would have live axles up front; people took it to mean live axles, but someone else said that Dana makes independent front axles, as well.

I'm thinking you don't go with Dana axles if you're building a softroader, but that doesn't necessarily prove it.

The T6 Ranger (and now Everest) have used Dana since the start of the product cycle in late 2010.

Dana said in some presentation within the last year that they had a contract to make the axles for the Bronco. It's linked here in a discussion about whether it would have live axles up front; people took it to mean live axles, but someone else said that Dana makes independent front axles, as well.

I'm thinking you don't go with Dana axles if you're building a softroader, but that doesn't necessarily prove it.

It was Kev-Mo that said it in post 25 of this topic and I don't think he was talking about Dana (not to say they won't be using Dana axles - they probably will. But this was a different supplier).

Some good news - to go with all the rumors.

I recently had a meeting with an iconic company from the Pacific Northwest that is famous for making a key component for 'real' off-road vehicles. They use the Supply Chain Software that is my area of expertise. We have a consulting and support contract with them. They were discussing of ramping up production of a critical component for two new Ford vehicles. I learned a lot of information - dates and production numbers. Professionally, nobody is ever sure about what they can and cannot say -but in that case I think it best to keep quiet.

But I am pretty sure I can say it is happening!

Outside of the T-bird (which was more of a failure of the platform), Ford normally doesn’t fuck up it’s hertiagte nameplates or its trucks. I don’t think their will be an issue with the Bronco when it comes out.

As of interior...depends on what Ford expectations are with it...will it share an IP with the Ranger, or will have something all together different?

It better not share an interior with Ranger.

That I get, but is ford going to cheap out on it? I noticed that the Fusion and Escape share much of the same switch gear/ steering wheel. The New Ranger has the same center stack as the Fusion without the touch screen.

Obviously Fords share switchgear, but the center stacks aren't even remotely close.

Now that I think about it, I think it was @blwnsmoke that mentioned the link to the '73. A friend of his works for Ford I believe.

Yep, right here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62646-ford-bronco-will-ride-again-says-ceo-mark-fields-at-detroit-auto-show/page-2&do=findComment&comment=992118

Didn't Levine post something about driving around in one of those Broncos though?

Some good news - to go with all the rumors.

I recently had a meeting with an iconic company from the Pacific Northwest that is famous for making a key component for 'real' off-road vehicles. They use the Supply Chain Software that is my area of expertise. We have a consulting and support contract with them. They were discussing of ramping up production of a critical component for two new Ford vehicles. I learned a lot of information - dates and production numbers. Professionally, nobody is ever sure about what they can and cannot say -but in that case I think it best to keep quiet.

But I am pretty sure I can say it is happening!

Think of a key component for hard core 4Wd that goes at the end of an axle. Think of a well established name associated with that part.

Warn manual locking hubs? If that's the case, then we're talking true hard-core.

You been to Clackamas, OR lately? ;)

I thought the "Pacific Northwest" clue in the earlier post would be the giveaway without mentioning names.

Manual, auto, or something completely new - I have no idea. The discussion was manufacturing software functionality.

Edited by Kev-Mo

Not sure who said it - it was either Levine or someone who got info from an insider but they specifically said the design inspiration was the 73 model. Someone else recently confirmed a well respected off road supplier was gearing up for production.

Moray Callum, Ford's Chief Designer, was driving around Dearborn in a 1976 Bronco. Article from January.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/fords-chief-designer-cruises-around-town-black-1976-bronco

I understand what Pioneer is getting at. As recently as the time of announcement, there were competing concepts for what this new Bronco would be... there was enough leaked of the less-than-desireable ideas to rile up some portions of the company, all but killing them.

Expect a statement/lifestyle vehicle that can be optioned up to be a serious off roader.

• Like 3

I understand what Pioneer is getting at. As recently as the time of announcement, there were competing concepts for what this new Bronco would be... there was enough leaked of the less-than-desireable ideas to rile up some portions of the company, all but killing them.

Expect a statement/lifestyle vehicle that can be optioned up to be a serious off roader.

correct, the T6 architecture places Bronco with the correct DNA for market expectations- Ford doesn't need another soft roader

Bronco will be chunkier and will put the sports back in SUV

Edited by jpd80

I have to chuckle with some of these posts. A lot of people on here gave Borg a hard time with his "x-ray" vision that could see through a spy-shots camo. There are people here seeing through camo on pictures that don't exist.

Good luck to all. I hope Ford's attempt at the Bronco is very successful as I have friends and family that are directly affected by it.

Fin

There is no way Bronco will share any sheetmetal or interior components with Ranger outside of individual switches, buttons, steering wheel (maybe), etc. Mustang doesn't use a Fusion dash.

Assuming Bronco is T6, I can’t imagine it not sharing much of the interior with Ranger similar to the sharing between F150, SuperDuty and Expedition.

There is no way Bronco will share any sheetmetal or interior components with Ranger outside of individual switches, buttons, steering wheel (maybe), etc. Mustang doesn't use a Fusion dash.

Assuming Bronco is T6, I can’t imagine it not sharing much of the interior with Ranger similar to the sharing between F150, SuperDuty and Expedition.

There is no assumption, Bronco is on T6. but that doesn't mean that there won't be lots of changes to the interior compared to the current ROW Ranger/ Everest.

• Like 1