Why is it taking so long for the Bronco to come out?

Interesting. What, in your mind right now, is this Bronco you're taking home?

A 4x4 off-road capable Wrangler competitor, or a rebadged Everest?

A 4X4 off road capable competitor that is uniquely a Ford. A rebadged Everest is not even on the radar.

Or something completely different?

Bingo!! Wranglers and Broncos may be the off-roaders "holy grail" but my dads 1973 Bronco was nimble and fun to ride in but never uncomfortable like a Wrangler is.

• Like 1

Interesting. What, in your mind right now, is this Bronco you're taking home?

A 4x4 off-road capable Wrangler competitor, or a rebadged Everest?

A rebadged Everest would be a failure, and I don't think anything wants that.

What I'd like and am hoping for is basically a nicer Wrangler - a vehicle that has all the creature comforts available in the rest of the lineup (A/C seats, auto cruise control, etc. etc.). For me, I don't necessarily need the offroad capability, but like the look if it rides well. I'd love to see more sound deadening than a Wrangler too. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I think taking a slightly different approach to such a vehicle (as opposed to flat out copying a Wrangler and putting a Bronco badge on it) can be successful.

• Like 1

What I'd like and am hoping for is basically a nicer Wrangler - a vehicle that has all the creature comforts available in the rest of the lineup (A/C seats, auto cruise control, etc. etc.). For me, I don't necessarily need the offroad capability, but like the look if it rides well. I'd love to see more sound deadening than a Wrangler too. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I think taking a slightly different approach to such a vehicle (as opposed to flat out copying a Wrangler and putting a Bronco badge on it) can be successful.

.fingers-pointing-2493285.jpg

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

I hear things. Maybe they're true, maybe they aren't. But it seems to me everybody has an image in their head of what it's going to be, and reading this forum makes me think there are a lot of people that are going to be disappointed.

So you're implying it's a refreshed Everest?

Yeah, what he said!

• Like 1

Outside of the T-bird (which was more of a failure of the platform), Ford normally doesn’t fuck up it’s hertiagte nameplates or its trucks. I don’t think their will be an issue with the Bronco when it comes out.

As of interior...depends on what Ford expectations are with it...will it share an IP with the Ranger, or will have something all together different?

So you're implying it's a refreshed Everest?

I'm implying that working for Ford Motor Company, that I hear things. Some things, I can and have, confirmed. Like the aluminum truck and diesel. I work at DTP so that's easy.

But I also hear things about other programs in the company from people I know that work at other plants, and engineers that work all around the company.

I'm not going to confirm anything I've heard because I'm too far from what's happening. Fuzzy would be the better person to do that. But, from what I've heard, some people on this site have a preconceived notion on what the Bronco may or may not be. And, if what I hear is true, they're going to be surprised when it's unveiled.

Edited by Pioneer

As of interior...depends on what Ford expectations are with it...will it share an IP with the Ranger, or will have something all together different?

well if they can build the Focus and C-Max on it the same line when they don't share much, if any interior parts, they can make both the Ranger and Bronco completely different.

I'm not going to confirm anything I've heard because I'm too far from what's happening. Fuzzy would be the better person to do that. But, from what I've heard, some people on this site have a preconceived notion on what the Bronco may or may not be. And, if what I hear is true, they're going to be surprised when it's unveiled.

In a good or bad way?

Given its market and position in Ford lineup, I’m expecting it to be roughly the size of a Edge, start around 30k and top out around $50k, have good off road chops and styling that will separate it from the Explorer/Edge. Add in a roof/window setup that makes it easy to open up the back of it and that’s what we will pretty much wind up with.

well if they can build the Focus and C-Max on it the same line when they don't share much, if any interior parts, they can make both the Ranger and Bronco completely different.

That I get, but is ford going to cheap out on it? I noticed that the Fusion and Escape share much of the same switch gear/ steering wheel. The New Ranger has the same center stack as the Fusion without the touch screen.

I'm looking for it. Can't find his twitter now for some reason

Dammit, I can't find it, maybe someone with a little more time and a better internet connection can. I know it's been posted here before.

It's Mike Levine, not Mark. His twitter handle is mrlevine. I don't use Twitter much though, so not much help on the search. I don't know if Mike actually posted that though or if someone had 'heard' it was going to be based on the '73.

That I get, but is ford going to cheap out on it? I noticed that the Fusion and Escape share much of the same switch gear/ steering wheel. The New Ranger has the same center stack as the Fusion without the touch screen.

Can't speak for the Fusion, but owning a '16 Focus and '17 Escape, they are exactly the same, except the location of the Sync 3 screen.

Not sure who said it - it was either Levine or someone who got info from an insider but they specifically said the design inspiration was the 73 model. Someone else recently confirmed a well respected off road supplier was gearing up for production.

Dana said in some presentation within the last year that they had a contract to make the axles for the Bronco. It's linked here in a discussion about whether it would have live axles up front; people took it to mean live axles, but someone else said that Dana makes independent front axles, as well.

I'm thinking you don't go with Dana axles if you're building a softroader, but that doesn't necessarily prove it.

Now that I think about it, I think it was @blwnsmoke that mentioned the link to the '73. A friend of his works for Ford I believe.

Yep, right here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62646-ford-bronco-will-ride-again-says-ceo-mark-fields-at-detroit-auto-show/page-2&do=findComment&comment=992118

I guess now would be a good time to throw out there the Bronco is being based off of the 1973 version.

• Like 1