Why is it taking so long for the Bronco to come out?

And after taking my wife's 2017 Escape Titanium in today for the 6th time, I personally believe Ford doesn't make "quality" vehicles anymore. But they sure do make a lot of them. The Oasis report will be close to 2 pages long when they're done with it.

For reference, 4 and counting for our 2015 Focus, none of which have anything to do with the transmission since that's N/A for us.

Ford has been putting all their attention to the F Series. As if it is the only product that matters.

And if you took F Series out of the equation, I think that Ford's North American profits would be similar to Ford Europe.

We have to remember that a lot of Ford's vehicles generate little if any profit in comparison to F150.

That's also no excuse for for doing nothing by continually rolling over what were already aged unification platforms.

Fields simply rode Mulally's early good work into the ground and didn't replace it with next generation platforms.

What's even worse is that we see quality and reliability problems in those aged platforms that just shouldn't be there.

A lot of that drive for quality started by Mulally has been replaced by Fields going back to the "Old Ford" playbook.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

For reference, 4 and counting for our 2015 Focus, none of which have anything to do with the transmission since that's N/A for us.

No transmission trips for me either (and I actually have the DCT) ;)

But, I had to have my gas tank replaced in the first year. But it took 3 trips to the dealer for them to figure that out.

Then last time I had my wheels aligned, they returned the car with the steering wheel pointed at 11 o'clock.

...and yet I still go to the same dealer.

397172.png

The 1994 Mustang seemed to be "coming" for a decade, well maybe it did? It did finally arrive a few months earlier than expected, 12/4/93, instead of spring 94.

But they should not announce so far in advance, buyers get sick of waiting and move to other makes.

I actually think an argument can be made the other way.

Had the announcement not been made, those people would have just bought a jeep no matter what ford did, because Ford simply isn't in this market yet

But some, be they ford, or Bronco enthusiasts WILL wait, and you will net save more buyers than "lose" because those buyers would have gone elsewhere no matter what ford did. That's the beauty of the Bronco at least, since it's a currently untapped market for Ford.

Ranger is obviously a bit different

Edited by probowler

That person would be as crazy as an Apple junkie on launch day then.

Not really, the wrangler is a great 4x4 and less concerned with Street manners.

The Bronco has been rumored to be the opposite; more upscale but still capable off-road.

Whether this comes true, who knows.... But f that's what youre looking for and you don't feel like buying a Lexus or a Land Rover, waiting to check out the Bronco starts to make a lot of sense if you're not dying to buy something now

• Like 1

I recently purchased a set of almost new BFG take-off tires for my Sport Trac from a guy with a 2017 Wrangler. He was complaining about the fact that his brand new Jeep was in the shop with electrical problems. He also had a new Super Duty in the driveway and said he was really a Ford guy. I suggested that if he could nurse the Jeep along a couple more years it would be good trade-in fodder for a 2020 Bronco. He said that had already crossed his mind.

I can tell you that I really enjoy my Lincoln and would get another one in a NY minute when it is time to replace....but, if the Bronco is sitting on the lot, I will likely take a Bronco Platinum home instead.

Interesting. What, in your mind right now, is this Bronco you're taking home?

A 4x4 off-road capable Wrangler competitor, or a rebadged Everest?

• Like 1

And after taking my wife's 2017 Escape Titanium in today for the 6th time, I personally believe Ford doesn't make "quality" vehicles anymore. But they sure do make a lot of them. The Oasis report will be close to 2 pages long when they're done with it.

I think Fords design is good but the vehicles are put together with parts from cheap suppliers. Most issues aren't necessarily a design flaw. It's failed parts. Like the Lincoln LS, great design put together with substandard parts.
  • Like 1

I think Fords design is good but the vehicles are put together with parts from cheap suppliers. Most issues aren't necessarily a design flaw. It's failed parts. Like the Lincoln LS, great design put together with substandard parts.

When we raise issues with it on the line, it's 50/50 whether or not it gets addressed. There's several I personally have been dealing with for well over a year now and nothing has been done about any of them.

It’s also poor or incomplete engineering. The air conditioned seat backs that don’t exhaust properly and therefore fail to cool much are a prime example. They took something that wasn’t broken (the ones in my 2003 Aviator worked great), re-engineered it and completely screwed it up to the point they can’t (or can’t afford to) fix it.