underhood mat

escapeman

I just picked up an 07 escape limited and it is very comfortable but a little noisy,is it possible ,and if it is would it make a difference,to put a hood liner in.When i picked mine up I noticed that they do not have one ,but the holes are there as it looks like ford took it out at one point ?(more de content)

I just picked up an 07 escape limited and it is very comfortable but a little noisy,is it possible ,and if it is would it make a difference,to put a hood liner in.When i picked mine up I noticed that they do not have one ,but the holes are there as it looks like ford took it out at one point ?(more de content)

My base Ranger has an underhood mat. Even my '74 Mach 1 has one. I'd think Ford would have installed it as standard. Check with your dealer. Dynamat offers them. Easy to install. Didn't see much difference when I replaced mine in the Mustang II last year.

My 05 Escape has one, came from the factory that way. Check and see other 07 Escapes, if they have them get one under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I work on the Escape line in Kansas City and about a year or two ago, actully started in Ohio on the Mariner, but they ONLY install those now on Escapes and Mariners with the 4 cyl. engines. You are correct, the hoods are the same and you can purchase a pad and the push pins at a dealer if you would like to add it. Hopes this helps! :):rockon:

Edited by 1degokid

Hello, I work on the Escape line in Kansas City and about a year or two ago, actully started in Ohio on the Mariner, but they ONLY install those now on Escapes and Mariners with the 4 cyl. engines. You are correct, the hoods are the same and you can purchase a pad and the push pins at a dealer if you would like to add it. Hopes this helps! :):rockon:

The work that all of you in Kansas is first rate ,I have had my escape for only 3 weeks and have already put 2 thousand miles on it,and it is one of the best screwed together vehicles I have ever owned ,much better than my wifes 2005 taurus sel ,and the seats are miles more comfortable ,and just as quiet as her taurus on the highway.GREAT JOB KNOW I know why I always buy FORD KEEP IT UP AND WE WILL START READING BETTER NEWS

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's called 'decontenting' to save money. Why put it on the V6 when it barely makes any noise? But of course that 4-banger needs it.

Ford decontents many products. Look at the 2004 Focus. Ford took out the rear floor heating but left the air tubes coming from the dash. Now the Focus consol gets really hot, which is great if you have a hot chocolate in the cup holder, bad if you're drinking a cold pop, and really bad for the shifter and wiring.

• 3 weeks later...
I just picked-up my 2007 Mariner with a V6. It doesn't have the mat so I decided to order one to install. My question is whether instaling the mat will apply undue pressure or interfere with the engine components in any way?

Thanks!

Nope, just order, install and enjoy!