Wood Brothers’ lifeline started with a phone call: ‘I’m going to fix that’

IMSA-XJR9

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, it's a bit of a hollow victory when the only tracks you can dominate are the ones where all the engines are choked and the rest of the competition gets taken out in the "Big One" because they couldn't stay out front and out of danger. Sorry, but in my opinion that's not real racin' but it is real wreckin'.

Unfortunately, it's a bit of a hollow victory when the only tracks you can dominate are the ones where all the engines are choked and the rest of the competition gets taken out in the "Big One" because they couldn't stay out front and out of danger. Sorry, but in my opinion that's not real racin' but it is real wreckin'.

It's the same for everyone. So if you're not fast enough to be out front then.....well you could get wrecked. Winning means be fast and up front no matter what size the track is.

It's the same for everyone. So if you're not fast enough to be out front then.....well you could get wrecked. Winning means be fast and up front no matter what size the track is.

The exception to being out front and not being wrecked : "as long as Denny Hamlin or Kyle Busch is not behind you!"

• Like 1