What is a Disposition Fee?

bdegrand

I leased a new 2017 C max last week 3yr lease and received a letter today from Ford Credit advising me of a $248 Disposition Fee on my lease agreement. I could not find it stated on my contract and the Ford Credit rep thought that it might be something new but she wasn't sure. Anyone hear of this?

From Google:

Disposition Fee. This fee is charged by the leasing company to cover the expense of cleaning up and selling the car after you return it at lease end. Most charge between $300 and $400.

It is imposed if you return the car and choose not to buy it at the end of the lease. They could call it a cleaning and prep fee, but the reality is they will charge you even if you return the car spotless and clean.

Edited by dtorres

From Google:

Disposition Fee. This fee is charged by the leasing company to cover the expense of cleaning up and selling the car after you return it at lease end. Most charge between $300 and $400.

It is imposed if you return the car and choose not to buy it at the end of the lease. They could call it a cleaning and prep fee, but the reality is they will charge you even if you return the car spotless and clean.

Thanks for the information.