Vehicle Tracking without VIN

Dlcorbett

I entered the order & dealer numbers from my order (Limited Max 4x4) placed August 31st.

After nothing for the couple weeks I have been checking, it recently came up with a 2018 F-150, including VIN, ordered August 30th.

The order & dealer numbers listed on the tracking page are the same as listed on my order summary and the dealership listed is where I ordered my 2018 Expedition.

I'm worried this is a sign that something has gone wrong with my order?

Dennis

Here is a summary:

Job 1 - only orders with priority 20 and higher (dealer stock) are scheduled and built. The 5 day clock starts. Vehicles are inspected as they come off the line. If an error is found the 5 day clock starts over at 0.

Once they reach 5 straight days with no errors, the OK to Buy is given. At that point all orders including Retail (priority 10-19) are scheduled and built and shipped immediately.

Vehicles that had been held for inspection and repair are inspected and repaired as needed then shipped. From what I've seen and heard, they're just jammed in fields and parking lots and it's typically last in first out depending on how many get held.

Based on my experience with my Raptor, dealers, managers, fields reps, etc. have no fricking clue about anything until the vehicle actually shows up on the truck. I don't understand why a "tracking" number isn't just given to each order like UPS and we can click and track to our hearts content on a website that gives these "OK to sell" etc. definitions right with your tracking so you have an idea what is going on, but that would be too easy. I am not even bothering talking to my dealer or ford this time, waste of heart ache, it shows up when it shows up.

• Like 1

Based on my experience with my Raptor, dealers, managers, fields reps, etc. have no fricking clue about anything until the vehicle actually shows up on the truck. I don't understand why a "tracking" number isn't just given to each order like UPS and we can click and track to our hearts content on a website that gives these "OK to sell" etc. definitions right with your tracking so you have an idea what is going on, but that would be too easy. I am not even bothering talking to my dealer or ford this time, waste of heart ache, it shows up when it shows up.

That's what COTUS was supposed to be but it looks like they never finished it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I agree it shouldn't be that hard to simply translate the info that Ford and dealers already have.

No excuse for the dealer not knowing or giving you accurate information though.

Same for the expy. Im guessing that ford is allocating the vehicles that are ready and will sending them to the dealers that ordered them somewhat soon. Unfortunately, no dealer within 200 miles of me is one of those prestigious dealers to get one so soon. There are 2 dates i noticed at the bottom of the window sticker, does anyone know what those dates are for or what they mean for the vehicle.