2019 Ford Ranger Interior, Engine: Spied

You know, it is still possible that this is just another mule for the ROW MCE. Could that be the 2.0 EcoBlue diesel or whatever jpd has been talking about?

I think we'd have seen other mules by now indicating that if that were the case. And if we are getting something all new (or at least greatly changed), they've done a great job hiding it.

Is this front end different from the global? If not, then this isn't the truck we are getting. Mike Levine said the North American Ranger will have different front styling. This looks like the global Ranger to me and that is why it is only camouflaged and not covered with a tarp.

• Like 1

Is this front end different from the global? If not, then this isn't the truck we are getting. Mike Levine said the North American Ranger will have different front styling. This looks like the global Ranger to me and that is why it is only camouflaged and not covered with a tarp.

yeah that may have been an exaggeration

yeah that may have been an exaggeration

This is direct from Ford: The all-new Ford Ranger will be tailored to the needs of North American customers with unique front styling, engines and features.

You guys who are experts on Ranger can see if the front end is unique or not. If it's the same, then this is the global Ranger and not the North American Ranger.

• Like 1

This is direct from Ford: The all-new Ford Ranger will be tailored to the needs of North American customers with unique front styling, engines and features.

You guys who are experts on Ranger can see if the front end is unique or not. If it's the same, then this is the global Ranger and not the North American Ranger.

they brought in a few North American spec Rangers to MAP over the July shutdown for display. They haven't been displayed yet but I saw a picture of them on the truck. The whole "unique front styling" bit is an exaggeration

Yeah, it's unique in that it's not a copy / paste of another US Ford vehicle front, a tricky play on words...

I dont doubt that it is changed from the current ranger's front but the styling is quite similar.

probably a bit like 2017 to 2018 Mustangs...they looks similar but also different..

One of the photo shows something that looks like an intercooler behind the lower bumper. Or maybe just the regular radiator? I can't tell.

Edit: Also, what are those tacked on gauges on A-pillar? Sure looks like a tacked-on turbo boost gauge so the test driver can keep an eye on engine performance.

Edited by bzcat

Sure it's "all-new." It's never been here in the US before, therefore it's all-new*

*to the US market.

I believe the grille/bumpers are somewhat different on these mules compared to the ROW model.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we did get a truly all-new model here, but 1) its just doesn't seem like it, and 2) I doubt they'd go to simultaneously making two versions of Ranger around the world.

Is it just me, or does the skid plate to bumper area look weird? I doubt that bumper is the finished product. I'm holding out hope for unique NA front end styling with F150 DNA.

Yeah, that does look a bit strange.

Edited by rmc523

they brought in a few North American spec Rangers to MAP over the July shutdown for display. They haven't been displayed yet but I saw a picture of them on the truck. The whole "unique front styling" bit is an exaggeration

no way I'd claim that I'm right BUT

even if our first official viewing of regnaR is mostly like the RotW;

I still believe they could go with a Bronco frontend if that debut goes over huge(er)

&

at this point I refuse to think the Bronco will ever look like this regnaR

Again, my source who was at the Ford Dealer meeting this summer said that the pictures they showed of the US spec 2019 Ranger had different headlights, grille and front bumper fascia. The rear has different taillights and tailgate. The truck was very much like the global T6 but car experts could easily tell the differences.

There will be multiple trim levels with XL, XLT + Sport package and an FX4 package. There was no mention of a Raptor at the meeting but that if it is offered in the US it will come a year or so later.

• Like 1

Those were NOT NA Spec. They were ROW Rangers. I know of the pic your referencing. I forgot to save it. Do you know where the build out building is? They have one in there. And from what It sounds like, Its a ROW Ranger there also. A ROW Ranger with a Everest front clip. But that doesn't mean that is "exactly" what MAP will build.

Those were NOT NA Spec. They were ROW Rangers. I know of the pic your referencing. I forgot to save it. Do you know where the build out building is? They have one in there. And from what It sounds like, Its a ROW Ranger there also. A ROW Ranger with a Everest front clip. But that doesn't mean that is "exactly" what MAP will build.

Lol you were the one who sent me the picture! I misunderstood what exactly they are.

No, I don't know where the buildout building is. I've never been outside of final assembly the entire time I've worked here.

Sure it's "all-new." It's never been here in the US before, therefore it's all-new*

*to the US market.

I believe the grille/bumpers are somewhat different on these mules compared to the ROW model.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we did get a truly all-new model here, but 1) its just doee.

It's going to be all new in the sense that the current Escape and Fusion were all new but largely based on the existing previous gen Kuga and Mondeo platforms. Americans saw these as all new vehicles but overseas, they were view largely as an extensive update, not unlike how we make fun of Camry having the same platform and greenhouse for 15 years.

Lol you were the one who sent me the picture! I misunderstood what exactly they are.

No, I don't know where the buildout building is. I've never been outside of final assembly the entire time I've worked here.

I was thinking of a different picture that was going around actually. I was just too quick to double check exactly what you typed. For sure a Homer Simpson moment though! DOH! LMFAO I'm tired brother. I am not sure where build out is myself.

I was thinking of a different picture that was going around actually. I was just too quick to double check exactly what you typed. For sure a Homer Simpson moment though! DOH! LMFAO I'm tired brother. I am not sure where build out is myself.

didn't know there was another picture going around.

I hear you brother, this week kicked my ass. Good thing it's the end of our week. Oh wait....?