2019 Ford Ranger Interior, Engine: Spied

So I wonder how Ford is planning to adjust the current Ranger face to fit in with the F trucks...

as you may have seen me say elsewhere, Jpd...

...I find rectangles 'comforting' - specially rounded rectangles

those angular mouth-thingies scare me...

...think I want the Bronco-face shared (after launch) with A variety of Ranger,

think if well-done it could-will spread world-wide -- eventually

Edited by 2b2
  • Like 1

as you may have seen me say elsewhere, Jpd...

...I find rectangles 'comforting' - specially rounded rectangles

those angular mouth-thingies scare me...

...think I want the Bronco-face shared (after launch) with A variety of Ranger,

think if well-done it could-will spread world-wide -- eventually

What about a toned down variation of F150 grille that has smaller/thinner center double bars running through the lights

• Like 1

The extra painted piece framing the bottom of the grille above the bumper definitely helps that.

Yep. And it looks like the various grilles will be interchangeable and easily swapped. I think the standard XL black 2 bar plastic grille painted body color would look great.

• Like 1

I'm sure Ranger will have multiple front end treatments just like F-150.

I figure there will be at least 3 regular Ranger fascia: XL/XLT, Lariat, Platinum.

Plus two variation on the standard look: a sports appearance option on XL/XLT with color matching grill surround and bumpers instead of black plastic/chrome; and a FX4 package with unique grille inserts.

And we already know Raptor will be on the dance card.

So 3 x 2 +1 = 7 different Ranger front end designs for the US market.

• Like 1

What about a toned down variation of F150 grille that has smaller/thinner center double bars running through the lights

sure (I've *LOVED* every F/SD-series grille for some time now)

tho

just-imho, NOT for the Bronco <&which I'd like to selectively proliferate A BIT

Yeah, looking at the current Ranger grille it's not hard to imagine that the sharp "points"

of the grille that enter the light areas could be replaced with ah F150 like double bar.

Just a few small changes to move the styling cohesion more in the F truck direction or too much Durango?

Is Ranger's pointy grille exactly what Ford needs to differentiate it form F150, do we need up to seven grilles?

There's points for and against, i guess we'll start to see more in the next few months..

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Is Ranger's pointy grille exactly what Ford needs to differentiate it form F150, do we need up to seven grilles?

Differentiation with F150 is not a primary concern. Differentiation between different Ranger trim level will be more important for US market.

The current global Ranger has 2 different grille and 4 different finish: XL black, XLS silver, XLT chrome, wildtrack painted. I would expect US model to have more variation, not less.

• Like 1

Yeah, looking at the current Ranger grille it's not hard to imagine that the sharp "points"

of the grille that enter the light areas could be replaced with ah F150 like double bar.

Just a few small changes to move the styling cohesion more in the F truck direction or too much Durango?

There's points for and against, i guess we'll start to see more in the next few months..

imho, anywhere from 100k upto ???k per grille styling...

actually let me reverse that

100k for lowest price/profit versions = 1 grille

50-75k for next-up price/profit structure = another grille (can be opt^)

25-50k is plenty for higher price/profit versions to get their own grille(s)

biggrin.gif

'course then there's the chicken/egg/FieldOfDreams dilemma

Edited by 2b2
  • Like 1