Lincoln MKT Dropped from retail?

Yeah, I don't know where time goes. My Flex will be 9 years old in November. :drop: I still love it though, and its uniqueness......as I'm starting to look at a few different new cars, I'm having trouble with the thought of getting rid of it....part of me wants to keep it.

Same here! Ours will be 9 in about two weeks and has 112k on it now. It's no longer my wife's DD since she drives the Milan quite often, but I think it has aged well and still looks rather fresh for a 9 year old car. No real replacement plans for it at this point, but we may downsize a bit as the kids are getting older and we don't need space for car seats and kid stuff in the back. She's even mentioned {gasp} going to a car next, or maybe back to an Escape.

• Like 1

Same here! Ours will be 9 in about two weeks and has 112k on it now. It's no longer my wife's DD since she drives the Milan quite often, but I think it has aged well and still looks rather fresh for a 9 year old car. No real replacement plans for it at this point, but we may downsize a bit as the kids are getting older and we don't need space for car seats and kid stuff in the back. She's even mentioned {gasp} going to a car next, or maybe back to an Escape.

Mine has around 118k on it. I put at least 60 miles on it a day commuting to/from work.

I've been thinking about getting something smaller (and more efficient) as well. I sometimes like to go test drive cars just for the fun of it, but I have gone to look at a few potential options:

-Looked at an Edge Sport.....It being offered in Lightning Blue for 2018 may wind up sealing the deal on that one if I make the move.

-A few weeks ago, I went to the BMW dealer just to check out the new massive dealership, but had a demo 2017 X4 M40i in a color I really liked....I would've considered it, but even though it had 4K miles on it, they would only offer 6K off sticker....couldn't justify it for the price and options it was missing (options, mind you, that would be on the Edge Sport for $15K cheaper than the BMW's sticker without the options). It's since been sold anyway.

-The weekend before Irma, I went and test drove a new Volvo XC60 T6. I actually liked it quite a bit. There were a few cheaper bits on the interior center console area, but overall I liked it.....the styling inside and out. I'd like the light interior, but unfortunately the only color blue I like is offered only on the R-Design model, which comes only with a black interior. I'd like to go back and drive a T8 (the hybrid) when they get some more in - the only one they had just arrived and wasn't cleaned up yet.

-I was hoping to check out the new CX-5 at the Miami auto show, but it's been at least postponed, and they aren't sure if it'll open, be rescheduled, or cancelled altogether, which I'm really disappointed in (I wanted to jump in the new Navigator too).

If I did any of those, though, I'd probably lease it for a few years instead of buying....not having to think about car payments is nice though haha.

What I'm really interested to see is the Bronco, and that's kind of what I've had my eye on - I'm hoping it's what I want it to be - a much more civilized Wrangler. So I could either lease something new until then, or just keep the Flex and see if Bronco is what I'd like it to be....

• Like 1

What I'm really interested to see is the Bronco, and that's kind of what I've had my eye on - I'm hoping it's what I want it to be - a much more civilized Wrangler. So I could either lease something new until then, or just keep the Flex and see if Bronco is what I'd like it to be....

I'm looking forward to the Bronco as well. I'm thinking along the same lines as you, and if it is what you and I are both hoping, that may be an option for the Flex replacement for us as well. Really, about every non-truck Ford smaller than an Expedition will be on the table. :)

So just how many people are waiting for the Bronco here?!? I know I am too...though a Ranger Raptor is intriguing too...and my wife was like you can get that and I'll get a Bronco to replace her Escape...down the road.LOL.

I'm looking forward to the Bronco as well. I'm thinking along the same lines as you, and if it is what you and I are both hoping, that may be an option for the Flex replacement for us as well. Really, about every non-truck Ford smaller than an Expedition will be on the table. :)

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to be a Range Rover inside or anything, but I'd like something that's not cheap looking with hard plastics everywhere, better sound insulation, etc. I don't know if it'll have removable doors, but it'd be nice if they could hide the hinges if it does. Maybe my wants/desires and what it will be don't line up, I don't know. Sounds like you're wanting similar? Care to elaborate on anything specific you might be looking for in the Bronco?

So just how many people are waiting for the Bronco here?!? I know I am too...though a Ranger Raptor is intriguing too...and my wife was like you can get that and I'll get a Bronco to replace her Escape...down the road.LOL.

Seems like a few of us at least! I will admit the Ranger Raptor is intriguing to me too.

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to be a Range Rover inside or anything, but I'd like something that's not cheap looking with hard plastics everywhere, better sound insulation, etc. I don't know if it'll have removable doors, but it'd be nice if they could hide the hinges if it does. Maybe my wants/desires and what it will be don't line up, I don't know. Sounds like you're wanting similar? Care to elaborate on anything specific you might be looking for in the Bronco?

Seems like a few of us at least! I will admit the Ranger Raptor is intriguing to me too.

I'm pretty much wanting something along the same lines as you. The rugged look of the Wrangler, with the nice interior we've come to expect from Ford. Off road capability really isn't important to me at all, I just need it to make it up my steep snow-covered driveway in the winter.

I'm pretty much wanting something along the same lines as you. The rugged look of the Wrangler, with the nice interior we've come to expect from Ford. Off road capability really isn't important to me at all, I just need it to make it up my steep snow-covered driveway in the winter.

Yup, we're on the same page then. It's gotta have all the gizmos too for me.....I want the A/C seats, auto cruise control, etc. etc.

• Like 2