Dealer Aftermarket Window Tinting on a C-Max

bdegrand

I am seriously considering tinting my Windows on my C-Max when it arrives at the dealer next month. The dealer charges $300. Does anyone have any comments on tinted windows on their C-Max? I prefer factory installed, but you can't get that option on the C-Max and I heard they might have to take the door panels off...ugh!

Here is an example of what it should look like....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPJl6iNV6M4

Edited by bdegrand

The only question I would have for the dealer is, are they doing it themselves or are they sending it out and having a local shop do it for them - common practice around my area.

The dealer sends it out to a detail shop. I discovered there are many different brands and types of material. SunTek and 3M are most common...but there is dyed tint, metallized, stable, ceramic etc...plus percentages. My state allows 35% front, 50% maximum for side and rear Windows. Detailers are not certified. I also believe the production vehicles probably already have a slight tint in the glass. So it's hard to determine what accurate match to factory tint is preferred.

I had my 2013 C-MAX windows tinted shortly after buying it new. Had it done at Ziebart and they did a wonderful job. Still looks new today. Love it!

Do you know what type (dyed, metallized, ceramic)...and did they lightly blend the drivers side Windows...or just the back and rear Windows?

This is true, but the tint on the C-Max (and Focus) is very light to the point it's almost nonexistent.

Agreed...that's why I would like to get the drivers Windows blended with the rear Windows a little bit. None of these detailers use tint meters (Enforcer, etc) to determine the actual percentage of light. If you are pulled over for excessive tint it's a fine up to $200....PLUS POINTS!!!!