Some tutorials on the new software have been pinned here.

• Custom Search

FirefighterGeek

Indisputable results - fantasic 2.0-L ecoBoost in Escape AWD

I have a 2013 C-Max and averaging 49 over the 69000 miles since purchase. I have found rain lowers the MPG more than HVAC, lights or other options.

Thats amazing. My 2013 C-Max with 43K driven since July of 13` an recently Traded In for a 18` EcoSport (never) broke 40 mpg be it City or Highway. No complaining mine you. For a vehicles its size with plenty of Pep & Power getting 38-39 mpg be it stop an go city traffic for running down the Interstate at 75-80 mph, no change. Was never into to "hyper-miling" an driving with a raw egg positioned under the accelerator or being driven off the Highway attempting to maintain 50 mph.

I had an Edge with the 2.0L in it for a ski trip - Denver to Steamboat; it averaged somewhere around 22-24 however that I drove in and out in a snow storm and it's AWD system worked perfectly and yeah it's got all the go I want. I am about due for a newer car I am going to look at the Edge with the 2.0 EB.

Edge with the 2.0T won’t be as nimble as the Escape - it’s much heavier. Just make sure you take a good test drive.

The Edge looked really nice, but I didn't see the added value for me and my needs that would justify the price jump for a comparably equipped model. I did like the wider stance and the resulting interior room, but I've been extremely happy with the Escape Titanium and have no regrets after just about a year and almost 17,000 miles.

I had an Edge with the 2.0L in it for a ski trip - Denver to Steamboat; it averaged somewhere around 22-24 however that I drove in and out in a snow storm and it's AWD system worked perfectly and yeah it's got all the go I want. I am about due for a newer car I am going to look at the Edge with the 2.0 EB.

I will say there is a night and day different between the Edge and Escape when it comes to NVH (Noise/Vibration/Harshness). The Edge is like a vault, especially with the 2.0L EB which is incredibly smooth and quiet in the Edge, it's definitely the quietest drivetrain I've ever experienced in any car, luxury or not. By comparison, the Escape is course and loud and the engine idles fairly rough from time to time (I've been in TONS of these cars all the way to the 2018 model). Escape doesn't hold up as well, they start to get rattly and creaky while the Edge still feels new after 100,000 miles. The CD4 platform is pretty outstanding, it deserves a ton of credit.

The driving dynamics in the Escape are incredible, that car is fun as hell to drive but it's also more twitchy and less settled than the Edge. For my money I definitely prefer Edge hands down, I don't like the harshness of the Escape but there are advantages if you want more sporting performance with your 2.0L EB.

100% Agree. The Edge is glorious and a major step up from the Escape. It also comes with a big jump in the price. The edge drives more like my 2004 Pacifica did -- which was the same 5-link suspension as the Mercedes Benz and drove brilliantly until the frame cross member rusted.

I sold a Subaru CrossTrek when I bought the Escape Titanium and I'd say that's a way bigger step up than the Escape to the Edge. I liked the Subaru but it was as skateboard by comparison. It was loud and bumpy and twitch and couldn't pull anything useful. It was a "2 hour car" and I needed a "7 hour car".

It's really a question of what matches your needs. I think the Escape drives like a much sturdier vehicle than it is, pulls everything I need, and gives me a ride that is much more smooth and quiet than any Subaru that ever rolled off the lot.

I will say there is a night and day different between the Edge and Escape when it comes to NVH (Noise/Vibration/Harshness). The Edge is like a vault, especially with the 2.0L EB which is incredibly smooth and quiet in the Edge, it's definitely the quietest drivetrain I've ever experienced in any car, luxury or not. By comparison, the Escape is course and loud and the engine idles fairly rough from time to time (I've been in TONS of these cars all the way to the 2018 model). Escape doesn't hold up as well, they start to get rattly and creaky while the Edge still feels new after 100,000 miles. The CD4 platform is pretty outstanding, it deserves a ton of credit.

The driving dynamics in the Escape are incredible, that car is fun as hell to drive but it's also more twitchy and less settled than the Edge. For my money I definitely prefer Edge hands down, I don't like the harshness of the Escape but there are advantages if you want more sporting performance with your 2.0L EB.