'20 Bronco Rendered

If the next generation Bronco looks like a rebadged, slightly modified version of any other Ford model, it'll be a flop. The renderings we've seen make the Bronco look disctinctive which will definitely help if the production model looks anything like what we've seen so far. And if the new Bronco really is designed to go head-to-head with Jeep's Wrangler series, it'll need to look distinctive.

If the next generation Bronco looks like a rebadged, slightly modified version of any other Ford model, it'll be a flop. The renderings we've seen make the Bronco look disctinctive which will definitely help if the production model looks anything like what we've seen so far. And if the new Bronco really is designed to go head-to-head with Jeep's Wrangler series, it'll need to look distinctive.

I think they can make something distinctive without going full-on retro. Ford (when management lets the designers have breathing room) come up with some great non-derivative designs. I think Ford should look forward with their designs. My opinion. But I'm tapped out on retro.

Of all the rendering I've seen, I do like this one the most, but since none of them actually come from Ford, I'm not going to get my hopes set on some artist's fancy.

Remember that the Bronco sales in ROW market has been hinted by some so it will have

to be different enough to Everest while still being able to be built down the same production line ...

if required.

One way to do that with both style as well as suspension, especially if the Bronco gets SFA and the Everest keeps IFS. I do think the interiors will share some hard points though how much of that is visible to the public will probably be minor and the Bronco will most likely get the Raptor's Front Torsen Locking front end.

You can bet Ford is going to be one of the first buyers of the new Wrangler. One will be torn down within a week of it going on sale, and a few others will be getting put though the paces vs it.

Ford would be wise to get the Bronco involved in as many off-road events as it can to help develop credibility and a following like the Wrangler has. Additionally, getting aftermarket companies involved as soon as feasible would be extremely helpful as well.

I'm getting really tired of "Bronco" renders from people who have never owned or driven an actual Bronco

1) You don't know that

2) Well, considering the last Broncos were made 20 years ago, let's be honest - most people making renderings of any type (Bronco or not) will not have been old enough to even have owned/driven one when they were in production.

3) Besides, not owning/driving one doesn't automatically disqualify someone from making a good rendering, whether it ends up being accurate or not. I've done tons of chops, and even accurate sketches (my sketches of Taurus before the 2010 model come to mind) years before models come out, yet I don't own 99% of the vehicles I've chopped/sketched.

• Like 1

The new Bronco will break 50K in sticker price loaded. A loaded Raptor/SVT version will be over 60K.

A fully loaded Wrangler already breaks the 50K sticker, and that's not even the updated one that will probably go up at least 5K on the high end once you add all the new stuff the new one will get.

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1

The new Bronco will break 50K in sticker price loaded. A loaded Raptor/SVT version will be over 60K.

A fully loaded Wrangler already breaks the 50K sticker, and that's not even the updated one that will probably go up at least 5K on the high end once you add all the new stuff the new one will get.

Yeah, I agree. A loaded Edge Sport is already at the 50K barrier.

Yeah, I agree. A loaded Edge Sport is already at the 50K barrier.

Yep, Unfortunately some people that really want the new Bronco are going to be forced to wait until the used ones start popping up. Fortunately/Unfortunately depending on side you're on they will hold their value really well though. I can see 2 year old ones going to retail for 75%/80% of their original sticker.

I can't get over the price of Off road Used Cars a 10 year old Wrangler/4 runner with 100K is still 18-22K. Those cars topped out at 35K 10 years ago.

Edited by jasonj80

Yep, Unfortunately some people that really want the new Bronco are going to be forced to wait until the used ones start popping up. Fortunately/Unfortunately depending on side you're on they will hold their value really well though. I can see 2 year old ones going to retail for 75%/80% of their original sticker.

I can't get over the price of Off road Used Cars a 10 year old Wrangler/4 runner with 100K is still 18-22K. Those cars topped out at 35K 10 years ago.

Cash for Klunkers and market demand. I was able to sell my 2006 Mustang GT with 122K on it that stickered for 29K new for $6500 in June private party. When I sold my 1998 Mustang GT in 2002 for my SVT Focus, I barely got 4K for it private party..and it was 22K new I think...

Cars are keeping their values better and partly because new cars cost so much, so people need capital to be able to afford them. I figure I should be able to get about 10K trade in for my SHO in about 3-4 years as a part of a down payment on a new Bronco.