C Max versus Focus

bdegrand

Is the driver's seating position on the C Max Hybrid higher than the Focus? If so, is it noticeable? I read the front headroom is significantly higher than the Focus. Also, the C Max weighs 600 lbs more? Wow, is it the batteries? I might consider one.

Is the driver's seating position on the C Max Hybrid higher than the Focus? If so, is it noticeable?

Slightly, but not quite as high as the Escape. It's not terribly noticeable.

I read the front headroom is significantly higher than the Focus.

yes, it is. Lower seating position (Relative to the Escape, the interiors are mostly the same) and higher roof than the Focus.

Also, the C Max weighs 600 lbs more? Wow, is it the batteries?

It is mostly the batteries, but some of it is the body being bigger than the Focus.

I might consider one.

:thumbsup: people that buy them really love them.

Just note the rear cargo area is a bit compromised by the battery but most people seem to be able to work around its limitations

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 2

Slightly, but not quite as high as the Escape. It's not terribly noticeable. yes, it is. Lower seating position (Relative to the Escape, the interiors are mostly the same) and higher roof than the Focus. It is mostly the batteries, but some of it is the body being bigger than the Focus. :thumbsup: people that buy them really love them.

Just note the rear cargo area is a bit compromised by the battery but most people seem to be able to work around its limitations

Thanks for the info...I'm looking at one tomorrow. I guess it's too late to order one.

I just traded in my 2012 Focus Titanium w/manual transmission for a 2017 CMAX Energi Titanium. I was worried about the cargo space, but now that i have had it for a week and drove 2,000 km on vacation (camping trip), I absolutely love the CMAX. Headroom is much better, maybe part of it due to pano roof. But the higher seating position and more glass than the Focus makes it seem very spacious in the driver's seat. There is a load of legroom in the back seat; much more than the Focus. The rear seat floor area will also hold a lot of cargo if you don't have passengers back there.

Gas consumption is significantly lower in the CMAX than in the Focus. I am averaging 46.1 mi/gal in the CMAX versus 32.67 mi/gal in the Focus. Acceleration is much better in the CMAX than the Focus. The CMAX is also much quieter to drive although the handling is not quite as crisp as the Focus, but it is not enough to bother me. Most times it is hard to tell if the gas engine is even running.

I would highly recommend a CMAX Energi. Good luck!

• Like 3

I just traded in my 2012 Focus Titanium w/manual transmission for a 2017 CMAX Energi Titanium. I was worried about the cargo space, but now that i have had it for a week and drove 2,000 km on vacation (camping trip), I absolutely love the CMAX. Headroom is much better, maybe part of it due to pano roof. But the higher seating position and more glass than the Focus makes it seem very spacious in the driver's seat. There is a load of legroom in the back seat; much more than the Focus. The rear seat floor area will also hold a lot of cargo if you don't have passengers back there.

Gas consumption is significantly lower in the CMAX than in the Focus. I am averaging 46.1 mi/gal in the CMAX versus 32.67 mi/gal in the Focus. Acceleration is much better in the CMAX than the Focus. The CMAX is also much quieter to drive although the handling is not quite as crisp as the Focus, but it is not enough to bother me. Most times it is hard to tell if the gas engine is even running.

I would highly recommend a CMAX Energi. Good luck!

Thanks for your positive review. I have not been able to sit in one, nor actually spot a single C Max where I now live in Wisconsin. I love those wheels on the titanium. The dealer was unable to locate one within around 70 miles or more...and they were loaded. I decided to order the hybrid titanium last week and still waiting for a VIN. I read on the C Max forum to inflate the tires to 51 psi to get maximum mileage. I'll have to join that group for suggestions. I'm more excited than ever, especially after your review. Thanks again.