ice-capades

2018 Lincoln Continental Order Guide

File Name: 2018 Lincoln Continental Order Guide

File Submitter: ice-capades

File Submitted: 01 Jul 2017

File Category: Continental

2018 Lincoln Continental Order Guide

Click here to download this file

40,000 potential customers for the Continental when first introduced. Imagine how happy the stockholders would have been if that many had purchased them. Unfortunately, the marketeers decided to restrict content (navigation) in order to force customers to upgrade to adequately equip a luxury vehicle. And, while doing that, forced options like 19 wheels.

Im one of the 40,000 that didnt buy because Nav was not offered on the base model. I dont want 19 or 20 wheels because they dont ride as well, cost more to purchase and replace and have less traction than smaller diameter tires.

So, as you pat yourselves on the back for forcing customers upscale to get navigation, realize you missed a ton of sales as a result. 15,000 sales is a far cry from the potential.

Edited by dfs

40,000 potential customers for the Continental when first introduced. Imagine how happy the stockholders would have been if that many had purchased them. Unfortunately, the marketeers decided to restrict content (navigation) in order to force customers to upgrade to adequately equip a luxury vehicle. And, while doing that, forced options like 19 wheels.

Im one of the 40,000 that didnt buy because Nav was not offered on the base model. I dont want 19 or 20 wheels because they dont ride as well, cost more to purchase and replace and have less traction than smaller diameter tires.

So, as you pat yourselves on the back for forcing customers upscale to get navigation, realize you missed a ton of sales as a result. 15,000 sales is a far cry from the potential.

I considered one as well, but I wanted the Ultima Audio and wasn't willing to spend $4k to buy the whole luxury package to do so.