2014 Focus Transmission issues?! Arg, help!

cherylmov

The transmission issues with Ford are absolutely ridiculous. I just bought out the lease of my 2014 Ford Focus a month ago and now the car is stuck in the shop with transmission issues. I was driving to an important appointment (which I missed) when it just stopped moving forward and I lost all power. Anyone else have something similar happen? If so, what was wrong with your car/how much did it cost? It’s been at the dealership for a week and a half now and I still have no exact answer as to what is wrong. Apparently, just to diagnose the problem the whole transmission needs to be overhauled and the labor alone is around $2000!! That’s before I even know what’s wrong and know how much the part to fix it will cost. A year ago I heard about a transmission recall and had the clutch replaced, is there any way it could be related? If I had known that a car this new would have transmission issues I never would have bought it in the first place. The dealership can’t even work with me and give me a loaner car while the work is being completed. All I can hope is that we will figure out the issue and will have a car back soon! I used to think very highly of Ford vehicles but after this catastrophe and all the things I’ve been reading about all the transmission issues Ford cars have I don’t think my next car will be from Ford. I mean c’mon, it’s a 2014, I shouldn’t be having transmission issues! My 2001 Mitsubishi was more reliable than this and I would take that car back in a heartbeat at this point! If anyone has any advice or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Because no other car on the planet has ever had transmission problems.

Didn't Ford extend the warranty or was that just on earlier models?

It's 3,000 miles over the warranty. We've talked to Ford and they want us to write a letter rather than speaking directly to a manager. Although I understand managers would be bombarded with phone calls if they took every single complaint, but there should at least be an email or form that can be filled out and filled directly rather than having to go through snail mail.

The car doesn't drive currently so the only way to get a second opinion is to tow it somewhere else, which I'm not sure is a viable option. It is at a certified ford dealership at the moment. They checked the control module and it isn't that, they say it is something internal.

The extension is 100K miles.

do you have additional information on this extension/what it covers?

According to the dealership it is under no warranty so I don't think the 100K mile extension applies. It's been there two weeks now and still no answer. I have always loved Ford up until now, and honestly this experience is so frustrating that I don't think I will ever go with a Ford again. Maybe it's just the dealership I'm at, however they are being extremely difficult to work with.

According to the dealership it is under no warranty so I don't think the 100K mile extension applies. It's been there two weeks now and still no answer. I have always loved Ford up until now, and honestly this experience is so frustrating that I don't think I will ever go with a Ford again. Maybe it's just the dealership I'm at, however they are being extremely difficult to work with.

Well, being from Buffalo NY - you have several Ford dealerships in the area to choose from. Basil Ford, Dave Smith Ford, Delacy Ford, West Herr Ford, Wellsville Ford, Conroy Motors, Towne Ford/Lincoln....which dealer are you using??

Edited by twintornados

The transmission issues with Ford are absolutely ridiculous. I just bought out the lease of my 2014 Ford Focus a month ago and now the car is stuck in the shop with transmission issues. I was driving to an important appointment (which I missed) when it just stopped moving forward and I lost all power. Anyone else have something similar happen? If so, what was wrong with your car/how much did it cost? It’s been at the dealership for a week and a half now and I still have no exact answer as to what is wrong. Apparently, just to diagnose the problem the whole transmission needs to be overhauled and the labor alone is around $2000!! That’s before I even know what’s wrong and know how much the part to fix it will cost. A year ago I heard about a transmission recall and had the clutch replaced, is there any way it could be related? If I had known that a car this new would have transmission issues I never would have bought it in the first place. The dealership can’t even work with me and give me a loaner car while the work is being completed. All I can hope is that we will figure out the issue and will have a car back soon! I used to think very highly of Ford vehicles but after this catastrophe and all the things I’ve been reading about all the transmission issues Ford cars have I don’t think my next car will be from Ford. I mean c’mon, it’s a 2014, I shouldn’t be having transmission issues! My 2001 Mitsubishi was more reliable than this and I would take that car back in a heartbeat at this point! If anyone has any advice or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

It is odd you did not have any problems until 3 years later after buying out the lease.

• Like 1

Here are the latest updates to the Powershift (DPS6) extended warranty details

14M01 - DPS6 Transmission warranty extension https://ford.oemdtc.com/1650/14m01-dps6-transmission-clutch-shudder-transmission-input-shaft-seal-warranty-extension-2011-2014-ford-fiesta-focus

14M02 - TCM Transmissioin Control Module Extended warranty details https://ford.oemdtc.com/2082/14m02-transmission-control-module-extended-warranty-coverage-2011-2015-ford-fiesta-2012-2016-focus

.and I have heard that that the moon landing was a hoax. Only gotta prove it like what you've heard.

The trans is a piece of crap. I don't think anyone needs to back up their words when it comes to reiterating that fact.

• Like 1