New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

akirby

Window Sticker Lookup

Hey - I hauled 5 sheets of plywood AND a bag of charcoal.

Not at the same time.....

:hysterical:

Other than my fifth wheel, I don't think I've hauled anything as heavy as 5 sheets of plywood. Well, there was the salt for the water softener...

Pfft, I hauled 15 40lb bags of top soil in the trunk of my 2008 Focus

#builtfordtough

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I hauled six sheets of 3/4" decking and a bunch of 2x4s once. The 2x4s weren't so much, but lifting those sheets of decking will cause your babies to be born nekkid.

I did once haul 20 sheets of plywood sheathing, some 2x4s, and a whole box of deck screws.

and a whole box of deck screws.

That right there should've put you on the bump stops!

That right there should've put you on the bump stops!

That's what the Roadmaster Active Suspension is for.

Thanks but that link didn't work for me.

The truck is in another state. I haven't called the dealer yet but I may have to. I was also curious if it has the E-locker. Guessing they could see a switch somewhere for that...

The used car dealer listed the obvious options and then added a copy of the base XLT equipment list from Ford's website. That shows things like the 3.3L V6, six-speed trans and 3.73 axle ratio but this truck is a V8 with the ten-speed. The fact that it has some sort of towing package says it probably came standard with a 3.31 axle ratio but may have been ordered with something else. It has a ton of other options including a moon roof so it is possible that it has a special axle ratio too.

Per attached Window Sticker. Vehicle is equipped with 3.31 Ratio Regular Axle.

1FTEW1E57JFA49287_WS.pdf

Per attached Window Sticker. Vehicle is equipped with 3.31 Ratio Regular Axle.

Hmm. It's a Canuck truck. Make sure you have the speedo verified; the bringbacks have the KPH dash overlay replaced with an MPH overlay, but the needle doesn't always get zeroed properly. Unless it has an all-glass dash, that is; I haven't looked to see if the 13th Gen got a digital dash, but the 12th Gen trucks occasionally had this problem. It was a simple enough thing to fix (the 12th Gen dash is really easy to remove and disassemble), but it's better fixed before you have to deal with it...

Yeah, I thought that might be the case based on the history I was able to find previously. It's in the States now...

I assume the MSRP shown is in Canadian dollars....?

Ice-capades

I sent you a message about a window sticker from VIN.

if not possible to get - OK

I appreciate any assistance.

FWIW, I was able to use http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=xxxto look up the window sticker for my 2019 Navigator. It didn't show up until ~2 weeks before my scheduled build date; which I've read is expected.

In my quest to understand all the values displayed, I did find out that the PDF that gets generated contains hidden text.

If you select the PDF as if you were selecting text with your mouse, you'll see that there are fields that are not displayed. You can copy this selection and paste it to a text editor to see the values. In the screen shot below, you can see what this looks like when you make the selections with your mouse. These values show who the vehicle was sold to and their address as well as the final assembly plant.

I was really after the build date as described here http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2210156-post.htmlbut that doesn't look like it is being added to these pdf's.

If ford wants to really keep these details hidden they probably want to update their PDF generation code to not include the values at all.

Wasn't what I was looking for but I thought it was kinda cool so figured I'd share.

post-59138-0-62959900-1541034416_thumb.png

I think the window sticker lookup issue is that as long as the vehicle is in the Ford system and has not been sold you can still get a pdf of the window sticker for free. This includes used vehicles if they have been reloaded into the system. This link worked for me today on an unsold 2018 F-150.

https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Otherwise you can buy a copy of the window sticker for $35 from Ford but it only goes back to 2007, I think.

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=02033641070111114100831045433420170910&store_id=1&dept_id=1157&product_id=6967

Or, you can simply ask ice-capades. ;)

On the 4x4s, you pull out on the 4x4 selector dial to engage it. The axle code would be enough to confirm it.

Here's the '18 Order Guide:

https://www.f150forum.com/attachments/f118/476108d1494878351-2018-f150-order-guide-2018-f150-order-guide.pdf

The axle codes appear to be in the header of the table showing the axles ratios on page 30 (page 31 of the PDF).

I was looking at a photo of a door jam sticker that shows an axle code of either "13" or "L3". At first glance I assumed it was "13". There are no axle codes exactly like that on pg 30 of the pdf. However, this particular truck has the 3.5L, is a 4x4 with an e-locker and has the FX4 package. From the chart that would seem to point to axle code XL3 (3.31 Electronic-Locking) so my guess is that the "number" on the sticker is "L3". Looking at some of the other text on the same sticker seems to confirm that is indeed an "L" and not a "1". The "X" from the pdf probably represents "axle" and since it is common to all axle codes it was probably deemed wasted data on the sticker. Probably saves a penny or two per vehicle. ;)

2atKkM788ki-9_bCXA9imA.jpg

I was looking at a photo of a door jam sticker that shows an axle code of either "13" or "L3". At first glance I assumed it was "13". There are no axle codes exactly like that on pg 30 of the pdf. However, this particular truck has the 3.5L, is a 4x4 with an e-locker and has the FX4 package. From the chart that would seem to point to axle code XL3 (3.31 Electronic-Locking) so my guess is that the "number" on the sticker is "L3". Looking at some of the other text on the same sticker seems to confirm that is indeed an "L" and not a "1". The "X" from the pdf probably represents "axle" and since it is common to all axle codes it was probably deemed wasted data on the sticker. Probably saves a penny or two per vehicle. ;)

That looks like an L to me. The header in the table may be an order code; all of the axle codes I've seen have been a two-character code.

If you look on page 39 of the 2018 Towing Guide ( https://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/Ford_Linc_18RV&TTowGuide_r8_May15.pdf ), it shows that L3 is, indeed, the 3.31 e-locker. According to the chart in the same PDF, if you can't tow it with that truck, you need a Super Duty...

Edit: Fixed munged URL.

Edited by SoonerLS

Does anyone have access to the window stickers anymore or is it officially shutdown and have to buy them now?

22 hours ago, reyrey01 said:

Does anyone have access to the window stickers anymore or is it officially shutdown and have to buy them now?

Per one of my previous posts, if a Ford vehicle (new or used) is for sale by a Ford dealer you should be able to look up the window sticker either through the dealer's website or at https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html 

I just tried that link using the VIN from the 2018 F-150 I bought recently and it still worked for me. At some point I assume my VIN will be removed from the system because it is no longer for sale by a Ford dealer.

For used Ford vehicles that are for sale by a Ford dealer the dealer would have to re-enter the info into Ford's system before it can be accessed. 

Otherwise, you either have to buy the window sticker here http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=02033641070111114100831045433420170910&store_id=1&dept_id=1157&product_id=6967 or know someone at a dealership that can and will run the VIN for you.

16 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

Per one of my previous posts, if a Ford vehicle (new or used) is for sale by a Ford dealer you should be able to look up the window sticker either through the dealer's website or at https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html 

I just tried that link using the VIN from the 2018 F-150 I bought recently and it still worked for me. At some point I assume my VIN will be removed from the system because it is no longer for sale by a Ford dealer.

For used Ford vehicles that are for sale by a Ford dealer the dealer would have to re-enter the info into Ford's system before it can be accessed. 

Otherwise, you either have to buy the window sticker here http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=02033641070111114100831045433420170910&store_id=1&dept_id=1157&product_id=6967 or know someone at a dealership that can and will run the VIN for you.

The Window Sticker site provided earlier works fine at http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=InsertVinHere

On 1/11/2019 at 4:40 AM, ice-capades said:

Doesn't work for me. Can't even enter a VIN. Has the typical error message as soon as I open it that I get when a VIN is not in the system when I use the researchmaniacs site. I could be wrong but I assume that link will only work if you are authorized to use that system or if you are accessing the site from a device that is recognized by that system.

Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle.

8 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

Doesn't work for me. Can't even enter a VIN. Has the typical error message as soon as I open it that I get when a VIN is not in the system when I use the researchmaniacs site. I could be wrong but I assume that link will only work if you are authorized to use that system or if you are accessing the site from a device that is recognized by that system.

Post the VIN number and I'll take a look.

Ice, vin: 1ZVBP8JZ8D5257171 thanks.