TPMS Help!

Escapism

Just got a new set of OEM tires installed. I thought I would put in new TPMS sensors due to age. But the low pressure warning light won't go out. I have relearned all 4 of my tires successful multiple times using the ignition and brake pedal method. Get the horn chirp at every tire and the "successful trained" message. Even did the hazard button method. Again, get the horn chirps and success message. But the light is still on. I do have a couple unrelated DTC's in the system. Would that cause it? But I think the part number I used may be wrong.

Here is my old one.

7EF104EF-A87E-4D8A-933E-3F25516F424C_zps

This is the part number I put in: TPMS12 DE8T-1A180-AA

But this is what Fords parts and Tasca, etc. is listing: 9L3Z-1A189-A

All of these parts numbers seem to be interchangeable by many sellers, but I'm having my doubts.

Any help appreciated.

• 2 years later...

You may need to visit your local dealer to have then check system, but if you end up needing new sensors go to this place I got mine from https://www.fordpartsprime.com/ . I like them since they have all O.E. parts but really cheap compared to the dealers. 
I tried 3 different aftermarket ones before just to get one to work what a waste of my time that was, lesson learned. Stay with o.e. parts always

Edited by FordChief
revision

• 2 weeks later...

For my TPMS headaches, I learned that I had a dead TPMS sensor on one wheel. Always replace it with OEM. You can get a TPMS tool for Fords on Amazon for about $25. I keep mine in the glove box, and the dealer had the new TPMS sensor. The tool is how I learned which one was dead, because it would not train or communicate.

TPMS sensor replacement CAN be a DIY job.  The biggest issue is how do you "break the bead" down off of the rim.  There are dozens of video on YouTube showing how to do this with minimal/home made tools (my favorite show a guy breaking a bead using a couple of 2x4s !).  If you want to buy a tool to make your life easier, I recommend the BeadBuster XB-450 If used properly, this device will not damage aluminum rims (get some scrap carpet to protect the bottom side of the rim).

Genuine Ford TPMS sensors can be purchased on eBay for less than $30 a piece.  The TPMS rest tool also sells for under $30 on eBay.