2018 Focus Production Information

ice-capades

I prefer to think that he was ignorant. He tells me that the media isn't telling the truth. Where can I point to in the Ford system to show him that this order won't be filled? I want him to work on this, but he is so far just telling me to relax. That doesn't help.

I prefer to think that he was ignorant. He tells me that the media isn't telling the truth. Where can I point to in the Ford system to show him that this order won't be filled? I want him to work on this, but he is so far just telling me to relax. That doesn't help.

Yeah I dont know why he would tell you that. He has access to the dealer portal that says exactly when production starts and ends, or at least he should. Sounds like you should talk to someone else.

Take it from me, I work at the plant that used to build the Focus. The last one rolled off the line about 1:30 last Friday. They were following it down the line pulling equipment out. There will never be another Focus built at that plant.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 2

Are you dealing with a salesperson or the sales manager? Go to the sales manager and tell him you have a vehicle on order that cannot be produced and you either want them to go get one from those other dealers at the same price or give you back your deposit immediately. Keeping your deposit for something that can't possibly be built is theft. If the sales mgr doesn't cooperate go to the dealer principal (owner).

• Like 1

That will help a lot. Thanks for the info and the picture.

I am very much looking forward to driving the cars that you build! Keep up the good work!

if you do get a Focus, theres a roughly 25% chance I installed the passenger side door panels on it. Theres no way of really knowing unless you pull one of the switch bezels on it and I have the VIN to look up when it rolled off, and even then I cant be 100% sure because of variations of the line. I can get 95% though.

the picture really helped. The sales manager was very rude to me and basically told me to go away, shut up, and Ford will make you your car, you dumb***. The salesman committed to talk to the Ford rep that was there today, and gave me a call a few hours later saying that there was a "glitch in the system" that allowed my order to get processed, and that indeed this was a mistake. (No apology, by the way)

So they are dealer trading one from Seattle and transporting it. Should be done in a few days.

I'd like my local dealer to be successful, so that I can have local support, but it is really tough when they treat customers this way.

Thanks again for your help. Your products need to be represented in a better manner than the local dealer is doing it.

• Like 1

the picture really helped. The sales manager was very rude to me and basically told me to go away, shut up, and Ford will make you your car, you dumb***. The salesman committed to talk to the Ford rep that was there today, and gave me a call a few hours later saying that there was a "glitch in the system" that allowed my order to get processed, and that indeed this was a mistake. (No apology, by the way)

So they are dealer trading one from Seattle and transporting it. Should be done in a few days.

I'd like my local dealer to be successful, so that I can have local support, but it is really tough when they treat customers this way.

Thanks again for your help. Your products need to be represented in a better manner than the local dealer is doing it.

after the manager told me to f*** myself I would have demanded my deposit back and walked out the door never to return. Glad it ended up working out for you though
  • Like 1