Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2018 EcoSport Production Information

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-MAX

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

no. The full size Transit is assembled in Kansas City. The Transit Connect is assembled in Valencia, Spain. MAP has nothing to do with either.

I stand corrected, true the Full Size Transit  is built in KC an the smaller Transit Connect (now) Assembled in Spain.  I believe when they first were introduced to North America they were built in Turkey? The Kansas City Plant became available after they moved Escape production to the Louisville Plant.

• pffan1990 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#122 OFFLINE   Edwardwd

Edwardwd

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 29-September 15
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

Order update FWD Titanium Winter PKG

08/XX/2017 Order was input by dealer
02/21/2018 Assembly Complete
02/22/2018 Released From Factory
03/09/2018 Shipboard
03/25/2018 Mikawa Seaport Japan
04/08/2018 San Francisco Seaport, My estimate for 30 days at sea.
04/16/2018 At Los Angeles area dealer, My estimate
04/17/2018 Ready for delivery to customer. My estimate

Apparently the RO-RO ship is continually loading and unloading at multiple ports. Since leaving India it has visited Singapore, Indonesia, and 4 ports in Japan.

Edward

Edited by Edwardwd, 29 March 2018 - 01:00 PM.

#123 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

It appears at least for the time being, all US destined EcoSports will arrive on the West Coast an be shipped by Rail across the Country.  30 day estimate for West Coast arrivals versus 60 days for Eastern Seaboard?  Rail will be more cost effective an quicker then going through the Suez canal or going around Africa.  I`d say that 99% of EcoSport Buyers will either find what they are looking for in the Dealer Stock or make a swap with another Dealer for the exact EcoSport your looking for.  I had my Dealer in West Palm Beach, FL locate an swap for the EcoSport I wanted from a Dealer 140 miles away in FT Meyers, FL. Rather get my Vehicle in 72 hours with 145 miles on the Odometer then wait months for the Build & Ship.  Might as well order a MY 2019 with that lead time.

• pffan1990 likes this

#124 OFFLINE   Edwardwd

Edwardwd

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 29-September 15

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

Big change in my guesstimate for delivery of my EcoSport to the Los Angeles area. Boarded the RO RO ship March 9th in India then visited many ports including at least 5 in Japan. Finally left Nagoya Japan today but it's heading to the Panama Canal instead of the West coast! This will add at least three extra weeks. This vehicle was originally input last August and my latest guess is delivery by May 15th.

Going back to 1976 I've taken delivery of an ordered vehicle in as few as 5 weeks including shipping across the country.

Edward

Edited by Edwardwd, 01 April 2018 - 12:19 PM.

• 2b2 likes this

#125 OFFLINE   Assimilator

Assimilator

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Joined 05-March 18
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Lincoln MKX, 2018 F-150 SuperCrew, 2018 Ford Escape Titanium

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

Ford should probably restrict customer orders on EcoSport since I'm sure they are not telling them bout the extended transit time.  That will also be the case with the Chinese Focus.  

#126 OFFLINE   Edwardwd

Edwardwd

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 29-September 15

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

I've been around long enough to see and understand manufacturing processes. This car is a color that was new to the factory and to date none have been delivered. I would take a stock car if any dealers would have the winter package. Even dealers in the mountain states and upper Midwest seldom order the package. The late color availability and winter package are the issues.

Apparently the ship is loaded with high value Lexus and Infinity vehicles headed to the east coast. My low cost Ford is just along for the ride.

Edward

#127 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

Ford Dealer Advertising & Inventory Manager

• 2,901 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:39 AM

The Cold Weather Package has been a controlled commodity with limited availability all year.

#128 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

When is Ford going to offer a Warm/Hot Weather Package?  Sure, all Vehicles now have Air-conditioning as standard equipment but what about Cooling Seats as well as other features designed for the Tropics?

• 2b2 and jwillum like this

#129 OFFLINE   jwillum

jwillum

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 02-November 05
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fiesta ST

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:48 AM

When is Ford going to offer a Warm/Hot Weather Package?  Sure, all Vehicles now have Air-conditioning as standard equipment but what about Cooling Seats as well as other features designed for the Tropics?

Amen, brother!  Living here in TX, I don't care too much about heated seats but I love the cooled seats in my wife's Fusion and would gladly pay for that option on any vehicle if it were available.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·