2018 EcoSport Production Information

ice-capades

As of a few days ago, dealers still couldn't place EcoSport orders. The WBDO ordering system was generating an error notice stating that orders weren't available for Job #1 or something to that effect. I tried again a few minutes ago but the WBDO ordering system is down. Scheduling isn't set to start until 07/13/2017 so it may still be a while before the system will actually accept any orders. As for retail order scheduling, they're always delayed until after Job #1.

As of a few days ago, dealers still couldn't place EcoSport orders. The WBDO ordering system was generating an error notice stating that orders weren't available for Job #1 or something to that effect. I tried again a few minutes ago but the WBDO ordering system is down. Scheduling isn't set to start until 07/13/2017 so it may still be a while before the system will actually accept any orders. As for retail order scheduling, they're always delayed until after Job #1.

ICE; I understand that Dealer ordered Vehicles for "Stock" are the first in line for production scheduling so hopefully any "kinks" are spotted an corrected before Retail-Special Order Cars are built. My Retail Special Order 15` Mustang Convertible that was ordered in early Sept 14` didn't` arrive until Jan 10, 15`. That said, I`d like to put my Build Order in ASAP to secure a high priority position so that it will be in line for an earlier Build & Ship date.

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will now permit orders for the 2018 EcoSport and provide pricing information, with scheduling slated to start on 07/13/2017 with a Job #1 Date of 09/11/2017. According to Ford, the Order-to-Delivery time is 6 months with the first units expect to arrive at dealerships in March 2018. Dealers are now receiving initial allocation.

• Like 1

ice-capades: Map shows "East" Distribution from New England south to Virginia? North Carolina south to Florida is considered "West" Distribution? I would assume that other then "East" all Vehicles will be unloaded at Long Beach, CA Port an put on Rail until Final drop off Hub?

Ice: Thanks, Guess Florida EcoSport`s will be unloaded at Port Canaveral, near Melbourne. Looked at the Shipping Lanes for Car Carrier Ships and most show passage either through Suez canal or around Cape Hope in South Africa with Atlantic Ocean passage. Guess Ford anticipates going Eastward via the Pacific Ocean. Western route is around 9800 through Suez Canal and 11,500 going around Cape Horn, not a hell of a lot of difference after you consider the costs of passage through the Canal. Perhaps risk factors going through the Arabian Seas might have tilted the decision to go Via the Pasific?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My guy priced a fully equiped SE and a Titanium both with FWD. Higher than I expected until I compared them to Ford's marketing thrust. The EcoSport has a lot of standard equipment that is optional or not even available on the competition.

I really want to bite the bullet and order it now.

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will now permit orders for the 2018 EcoSport and provide pricing information, with scheduling slated to start on 07/13/2017 with a Job #1 Date of 09/11/2017. According to Ford, the Order-to-Delivery time is 6 months with the first units expect to arrive at dealerships in March 2018. Dealers are now receiving initial allocation.

If Dealers can now place Orders for 2018 EcoSport you would think that Dealerships would have info on Paint Color Options an color samples for US Market?

I didn't specify colors for pricing on WBDO. The system defaulted to Diamond White exterior and Ebony Black interior on both the SE and Titanium. Diamond White is not shown on the Fleet Guide but is shown on the Order Guide as code ZA available in all trim levels.

Edited by Edwardwd

My most important question is which automatic transmissions will be installed. The Order Guide states 447 for FWD and 446 for 4WD with the same descriptions.

The one question that I have about the transmission is if it is a DCT auto shift or a true torque converter automatic. Every article that I have read including Ford's press releases says 6-speed automatic. To date in American cars the only automatic 1.0 EcoBoost had the 6F15 which is a true automatic. All other Fiestas and Focuses have the DCT 6-speed auto shift transmission.

Continued use of the DCT would be the dumbest thing they could possibly do

I had this much maligned Automatic Transmission in my early production 2011` Fiesta Hatchback. Never a problem or issue. Once or twice a month depending on the speed an rpm`s a slight shudder in switching gears (but) got 33-35 MPG City and 41-43 MPG Highway from Day 1 until I traded it for 13` C-Max Hybrid. Knew about the Computer Patch Fix but opted (not) to have it installed. Why mess around with that excellent Fuel Economy when once installed, there was no going back to Original Settings!

Can we please be done with Race Red? It looks like ass on pretty much everything it's ever been offered on.

True, its a boring "Race Red" Orange Tinted Red Paint. Volkswagen, BMW, Audi, an even Honda have a real "Pure" Lipstick Red Paint, ae: Honda`s Milano Red.

Ford should retire Race Red along with its 4 decade old Utility Truck Paint Color "Oxford White". Looks like the Eco-Sport for 18` will only offer the Tri-Coat Metallic White with no Diamond White offerings like in other Markets?

I didn't specify colors for pricing on WBDO. The system defaulted to Diamond White exterior and Ebony Black interior on both the SE and Titanium. Diamond White is not shown on the Fleet Guide but is shown on the Order Guide as code ZA available in all trim levels.

According to the "Thumbprint" 2018 EcoSport Paint Colors, there is only (8) choices for US, one being the Ceramic-White Metallic Tri-Coat at an extra upgrade. No mention of Diamond White or Paint Code ZA?

The one question that I have about the transmission is if it is a DCT auto shift or a true torque converter automatic. Every article that I have read including Ford's press releases says 6-speed automatic. To date in American cars the only automatic 1.0 EcoBoost had the 6F15 which is a true automatic. All other Fiestas and Focuses have the DCT 6-speed auto shift transmission.

Two conventional 6 speed torque converter transmissions will be offered , with the 1.0L EcoBoost the 6F15 (same as found in the Focus 1.0L EcoBoost) & with the 2.0L the 6F35 (same as found in the Escape)

source https://youtu.be/Mnvz4mSwckQ?t=5m30s

Edited by MKII
  • Like 1

Thank you for the link. It says exactly what I was hoping for, a real automatic!

I own a 2015 Fusion 1.5 EcoBoost 6F35 and it's extremely well mannered. I also own a 2015 Focus 1.0 EcoBoost 6-speed with the sport pkg, it's a blast to drive. I also test drove a 2016 Focus HB 1.0 EcoBoost 6F15, that vehicle is very close in size and weight to the 2018 EcoSport. I think that I will be very satisfied with the FWD EcoSport.

Thank You Again.