2018 EcoSport Production Information

ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the production schedule for the new 2018 EcoSport.

• 06/12/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 07/13/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
  • 09/11/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

The 2018 EcoSport Order Guide will be available on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and will be uploaded to the Order Guide section at that time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It appears that (most) EcoSport Assemble an Production will continue in India for majority of the World Market with the exception of Europe. Ford plans to expand both its Engine and Vehicle Assembly operations in Romania. North America, US and Canada, Mexico and possible Central & South America are still targeted for production in India. With superior Rail Service in Europe, shipping out of Romania makes economic sense. For those being transported by Ship, not sure if they will set sail by Easterly or Westerly passage. If production is not going to happen within the USA, Mexico would seem to be a better alternative then transporting from the other side of the World.

It appears that (most) EcoSport Assemble an Production will continue in India for majority of the World Market with the exception of Europe. Ford plans to expand both its Engine and Vehicle Assembly operations in Romania. North America, US and Canada, Mexico and possible Central & South America are still targeted for production in India. With superior Rail Service in Europe, shipping out of Romania makes economic sense. For those being transported by Ship, not sure if they will set sail by Easterly or Westerly passage. If production is not going to happen within the USA, Mexico would seem to be a better alternative then transporting from the other side of the World.

There might be hope for the recently scuttled plant in Mexico yet....

• Like 1

It certainly makes more economic sense to Build & Assemble the new 2018 EcoSport in Mexico for the North American market. Shipping Vehicles by Boat from India on the other side of the Globe versus shipping directly on land via Rail logistically would reduce the cost per Unit even (if) the hourly wages in India are somehow lower then those in Mexico. Probably with the Unscheduled Order Bank opening in just a few weeks and the Scheduling starting in July an Assembly beginning in the early Fall, the first arrivals will no doubt be Built in India. Later production likely happening in Mexico. Canadian destined vehicles will be slightly modified an tweeted to meet Transportation Canada regulations and putting in KPH Speedometer Heads an Daytime Running Lights assuming Ford does not finally include them on all their future US Vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...

I know the new 2018 Ford EcoSport S (is) the Base Model but "Black" painted exterior door handles regardless of exterior paint, seriously? Other then the old discontinued Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, when has Ford (not) matched the exterior door handles to the Vehicle exterior paint? Is there that much cost savings or just their version of making it perfectly clear that you ordered the Base (S) Model? Some of us still prefer "Keyed Ignition" over the Push-Button Key Fob!

I know the new 2018 Ford EcoSport S (is) the Base Model but "Black" painted exterior door handles regardless of exterior paint, seriously? Other then the old discontinued Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, when has Ford (not) matched the exterior door handles to the Vehicle exterior paint? Is there that much cost savings or just their version of making it perfectly clear that you ordered the Base (S) Model? Some of us still prefer "Keyed Ignition" over the Push-Button Key Fob!

Focus, Escape, and Explorer have all had black door handles for the S model since 2011 for the Explorer, 2012 for the Focus, and 2013 for the Escape.

Also, wtf are you talking about? Push button key fob is the traditional "keyed ignition" with remote.

Focus, Escape, and Explorer have all had black door handles for the S model since 2011 for the Explorer, 2012 for the Focus, and 2013 for the Escape.

Also, wtf are you talking about? Push button key fob is the traditional "keyed ignition" with remote.

Sorry, must disagree! Push Button with (Keyless) Remote Fob is quite different from having a "Keyed Ignition Switch" with a Flip-Key Remote Control. One automatically unlocks Vehicle`s Door when proximity sensor in Key Fob gets close to the door an you start and stop Engine with Push Button on Dash. Conventional Keyed Remote Fobs can lock and unlock doors but requires key to start and stop engine as well as allowing (Manual) Door unlocking if Battery in Key Fob becomes non-functional. Thanks for the update on Ford`s branding of entry level Vehicles with the Mark of Black Exterior Door Handles on the Vehicles you listed. A 11K Hyundai Accent or Kia Rio have their respective exterior door handles painted the same as the rest of Vehicle. Guess one has to order Vehicle in Black with S Trim to have them match?

Sorry, must disagree! Push Button with (Keyless) Remote Fob is quite different from having a "Keyed Ignition Switch" with a Flip-Key Remote Control. One automatically unlocks Vehicle`s Door when proximity sensor in Key Fob gets close to the door an you start and stop Engine with Push Button on Dash. Conventional Keyed Remote Fobs can lock and unlock doors but requires key to start and stop engine as well as allowing (Manual) Door unlocking if Battery in Key Fob becomes non-functional.

Not even close. Flip key is literally the key (A PHYSICAL KEY) is hidden in the fob. Push a button and it pops out like a switchblade. See: Ford Fusion since it's entire existence.

20130824092135187.JPG

Edit for picture

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I have had several Vehicles with the "Flip Key" Remote Key FOB. It has nothing whatsoever in common with the Keyless Remote FOB on my 2015 Mustang Convertible with Push Button Ignition. One has a key slot on the Steering Column an the other a Push Button on the Dash. I personally prefer Old School Keys versus Remote Key FOB with Push Button Ignition. That alone will steer me to a "S" Series EcoSport plus the fact I don`t need or want a Moonroof. Guess I will have to live with "The Mark of Cain" with those ugly Black Exterior Door Handles. Ford saves what, $5.00 in Paint? Will definitely miss the Fog Lights which are activated once every year or two. Placing my Order within the next few days using my X-Plan PIN #. Will immediately seek a spare (Donut) with the same bolt pattern to replace the Toy Air Inflator and Can of Tire Sealant Goo which works wonders with a Sidewall failure.

Edited by phil1336

Just curious when actual Color Samples will be available. Leaning towards Diamond White with Stone Interior assuming it looks better then the 3 decade old Utility Oxford White! What Paint Color has lasted as long as Oxford White, seriously? Must have been the second Color choice that Henry Ford introduced after "Black".

• Like 1

How do you get the radio or windows to work without starting the car like you can with a key?

Well, for the radio you just push the Radio power button. It works without the ignition being on now in most new Fords.

If you want accessory mode you hit the start button without having your foot on the brake. You aren't losing any functionality.

I like it because as long as any passenger has the keyfob you can operate the vehicle. Sometimes my daughter drives and I sit in the back seat. Doesn't matter. She gets in the driver's seat, hits the start button and away we go.

Sometimes I have the wrong keyfob in my pocket but my wife has hers so again it works the same. I don't even realize I don't have the fob until I try to lock the doors.

Walk up to the vehicle, grab the door handle and it unlocks. Get in press the brake hit start button and drive. Stop, hit the button again to turn it off. Get out and touch the top of the door handle to lock. Couldn't be simpler.

Yes it's more stuff to repair down the road but even regular keys still have to be programmed by the dealer.

Why would you prefer a key over a push button setup? Have you used the push button setup? It's so much easier to leave the fob in your pocket (or purse) all the time.

I actually prefer the key because it has somewhere to go in the vehicle. I never carry the key with me.