2018 Lincoln Navigator Debuts

So this is largely just a placeholder thread for now until its debut on Wednesday, but Lincoln posted a teaser shot on their Facebook page, so I wanted to post it in a new thread.

Apparently it'll have an illuminated star in the grille, which I like.

17814615_10154755119897982_2896398281762

A poster over at FIN also lightened it to give us a clearer look at the new front end:

tYn9jYy.jpg

The headlights are taller (that secondary light below the lights on the concept seems to be integrated into a single assembly now), and the lower grill obviously has different detailing. I actually think I like it better than the concept.

Edited by rmc523

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they threw us a curve ball, and put a TT 5.0 in this beast! I was thinking about this. If the Continental and the MKZ have a 400HP V6 in it, then this thing may get a higher HP 3.5 or an all new engine. I fully expect the top of the line engine to have more HP and TQ than the Expedition.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they threw us a curve ball, and put a TT 5.0 in this beast! I was thinking about this. If the Continental and the MKZ have a 400HP V6 in it, then this thing may get a higher HP 3.5 or an all new engine. I fully expect the top of the line engine to have more HP and TQ than the Expedition.

A Canadian dealer posted and then removed some official looking page that said the Epedition would have 400hp 3.5EB.

Be interesting to see if the Navigator gets more.

I'm sure Ford is going to push Navigator transaction prices way up... the demand is there. So I think 400+ hp should be expected on the high end models.

As for Raptor engine... it probably won't be the same tune. But we should still see north of 400hp.

Remember the precedent... Navigator got the 4.6 DOHC 32V version of the mod engine from Mustang Cobra - but turned differently, while Expedition stuck with 4.6 SOHC and later got the 5.4.

Edited by bzcat

So this is largely just a placeholder thread for now until its debut on Wednesday, but Lincoln posted a teaser shot on their Facebook page, so I wanted to post it in a new thread.

Apparently it'll have an illuminated star in the grille, which I like.

17814615_10154755119897982_2896398281762

A poster over at FIN also lightened it to give us a clearer look at the new front end:

tYn9jYy.jpg

The headlights are taller (that secondary light below the lights on the concept seems to be integrated into a single assembly now), and the lower grill obviously has different detailing. I actually think I like it better than the concept.

Nice to see the grill is shorter than the concept.

I do not like illuminated logos and am hoping it is just for illustration purposes / branding the image. But looking forward to this reveal nonetheless.

I have actually grown to like the illuminated logo. It seems to be growing fairly prevalent on lux vehicles.

• Like 1

I am cautiously optimistic with the Navigator. If Lincoln continues to build on each successive new model like they have been, I have no doubt that it will be amazing for it's segment and have every bell and whistle imaginable. 10 speed with 450 (if that happens) would be amazing, especially now with AL. Talk about segment leader. There is big money in this segment and the sales race is about to heat up (as long as gas stays under 3 bucks a gallon). I hope Lincoln can deliver, because if so this will bring an influx of cash for future products.

Curious how much the rear quarter panels will be from the Expy. It has some large cutouts for the lamps. The parking lamps seem to carry over from the concept.

I think we'll see Navigator's lights go horizontal far higher than Expedition's, with a plastic bumper piece filling in the gap.

Anyone think the new 7.0L will make an appearance as an optional engine in the higher trim packages of the new Navigator? Seems like a good way to differentiate it from the expedition and they're already talking about a version that engine for the mustang....

That would make sense.

That would make sense.

Far more likely to see a TT V8 Ecoboost. Ford has pushed Ecoboost on everything. It makes sense that what could be considered the company mainstream Halo car would only have Ecoboost. The Current X5 is at 445/480(and would assume the X7 will up that), GLS is at 449/516 and Range Rover is at 510/461. Go up to the M/AMG and you're at 567/553 577/561. I would suspect that one version will be 500/500. A 7.0L would need a tanker to follow it around, would sound like death past 4,000 RPM and would be eaten alive in the reviews. I also expect the 2.7L will turn up in Exports to China.

A 7.0L would need a tanker to follow it around, would sound like a chorus of angels past 4,000 RPM

FIFY!!!

Seriously though, you're right that a 5.0 ecoboost would be even more awesome. However, you'd think that we'd have heard firm rumors of it's developent by now. It's been speculated about, but I haven't seen anything out of Ford about it. It would have very limited applications (mustang?, Navigator, and F-150 lightning is about all I can think of). Ecoboost doesn't make sense in the class 2+ trucks because of the duty cycle, which is why we're hearing that a 7.0 is in the works, imho. From what we're hearing about the coming GT500 edition of the 7.0L, it has to be at least as powerful as the previous GT500 motor, so I see no reason it couldn't be class leading in the navigator. Also a 5.0 ecoboost would need a tanker behind it too if the 600+ hp it would produce was ever utilized...

It'll be interesting either way though.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv
  • Like 1

The question is do we think we will see an ecoboost V8 (most likely of a smaller size than 5.0)? If so, when? I think it's possible but when. I think the Navigator would be a good use case but there needs to be more volume than that.

It could find its way into the Aviator and Continental. It is not like the 3.0L V6 ecoboost is a high volume engine.