Tesla market value surpasses Ford

fordtech1

How much of Ford Motor Company's Enterprise Value is from Ford Credit? Yesterday Enterprise value for Ford was $149.63B. Enterprise value for Tesla was $53.24B.

Definition of Enterprise Value http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/enterprisevalue.asp

:hysterical:

Once you eliminate the thoroughly useless market cap component of 'enterprise value':

Ford: ~$104B

Tesla: ~$4B

Still a pretty impressive milestone for a company that most of us (myself included) thought would disappear before the Model S hit the road. I assumed the Model 3 would be way behind schedule like everything else they've done, but it looks like they've learned how to set expectations. Their current lineup is selling in similar numbers to the entire Lincoln brand, and that's with one of their two models being about 5 years old. I'm not interested in the Model 3 (not the right body style) but it looks like there's more than enough demand to keep them busy. The only question is whether they can scale up successfully.

The only question is whether they can scale up successfully.

No, the only question is whether they can actually turn a profit. Scaling up will help some but unless you can make a profit then scaling up just allows you to lose more money faster.

Still a pretty impressive milestone for a company that most of us (myself included) thought would disappear before the Model S hit the road. I assumed the Model 3 would be way behind schedule like everything else they've done, but it looks like they've learned how to set expectations. Their current lineup is selling in similar numbers to the entire Lincoln brand, and that's with one of their two models being about 5 years old. I'm not interested in the Model 3 (not the right body style) but it looks like there's more than enough demand to keep them busy. The only question is whether they can scale up successfully.

I still think they'll release a handful of Model 3's "on time" just so they can say they made their goal, with actual production starting later.

Fuzzy...not sold on the roof tile...especially in areas prone to HUGE Hail....could mean costly repair. Sidebar...I HAVE seen 2 Tesla 3's on the road, rather a nice looking car...that market is about to get interesting, wish there was some info tactically being leaked by ford regarding their "E"......

Fuzzy...not sold on the roof tile...especially in areas prone to HUGE Hail....could mean costly repair. Sidebar...I HAVE seen 2 Tesla 3's on the road, rather a nice looking car...that market is about to get interesting, wish there was some info tactically being leaked by ford regarding their "E"......

Oh I'm not sold yet either but I'm intrigued.

I'm interested in if it's ok for hurricane zones like here in South Florida.

• 2 years later...

Market value/cap is worthless.  Ford shares will always be undervalued and Tesla shares are hopelessly inflated by people who don't understand economics or people just riding the wave looking to get off before it crashes.  And it will crash.