undercarriage cover 2017 ford escape

dito

got to give ford credit where credit is due as they have did quite the make over in the new 2017 escapes, in which i just purchased about a month and a half ago this is my second escape, my other was 09 escape xlt - 3.0 liter and if it was not for the gas mileage i would have never sold it, had around 230.000 km went through some oil, about a gt between changes as rear seal was leaking the ride quality ford gave the new escapes is nothing short of amazing a dire improvement over my 09 for sure along with wind noise being vastly improved also -great job ford keep it up as for the undercarriage cover i guess i will except it as i usually change my own oil protection the undercarriage like i guess will not hurt and adds protection for the front end parts etc, i guess as far as improving gas mileage well that's debatable , all in all i quite except the new ford escape, the 2.0 echo boost is quite the power house compared to my 3.0 liter 09 escape at any rate i have to give ford a thumbs up here folks on the new escape :love_shower:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, have you seen engine bays that don't have the shields installed? That and all the gasketi g around the hood keeps the bay pretty clean. Otherwise it's a mess in there. A lot of sand and grit all over the place. Folks do complain about the cover, but I'm fine with it.

• 9 months later...

While those under engine covers do help with airflow under the vehicle as well as keep the engine compartment cleaner, I question why they didn't spend another dollar or two and incorporate removable panels to access the oil filter and oil drain plug. I've heard or read a ton of comments about the stock cover and how many people have had them left loose by the dealership after an oil change or have stripped out fasteners. Adding two easily opened and secured flaps for service seems like a no-brainer. I understand there was an aftermarket supplier out of China that made such a cover, but when I checked a few months ago they no longer offered the Escape version. Anyone know of another source?