Just bought a 1997 Ranger 2.3 Manural RWD

MACT

Just bought a used 1997 Ranger and was checking it out. Needs some suspension work but the body and engine are in pretty decent shape. Hardly any body rust but the leaf spring links are needing attention along with all new shocks. Only 92K miles on it. Seems like a weekend here or two should be seeing some ride improvements. What are the best leaf spring brackets to purchase?

• 2 weeks later...

The previous owner only changed the oil!!! Busy replacing all the fluids and the Ranger is now running much better. It has a P1443 code so I am replacing the Purge valve solenoid. I replaced the 20 year old power steering fluid and surprise no leaks yet.

P1443 code emissions. My first choice on the list of possiblities was the Purge valve and Purge valve sensor as the hoses were rotten also. I replaced the parts and hoses. NO go. I then re-evaluated as I had fuel pressure and chose to replace the Up and down stream O2 sensors. Jack pot. P1443 is now gone. I cleared the codes and drove it with out any other DTC's Now I have to address the AC as it is cycling on and off and is low on Freon.

Amazing on how you remove the blanket of issues and find the others laying underneath