Coyote/Koenigsegg Connection???

But those are based on previous production engines so all that tooling and development is already paid for. This would entail development and testing and production of a new engine with limited market competing with Ford resources.

Not really--what he's talking about is, essentially, taking the 6.2 and doing the same thing they're already doing with the 351. Now, there is already a well-established demand for the 351, where there may not be sufficient demand for the 6.2--then again, that Ford crate engine lineup wasn't as deep back when the Windsors (and the 460) were still in production, either...

Not really--what he's talking about is, essentially, taking the 6.2 and doing the same thing they're already doing with the 351. Now, there is already a well-established demand for the 351, where there may not be sufficient demand for the 6.2--then again, that Ford crate engine lineup wasn't as deep back when the Windsors (and the 460) were still in production, either...

No he's talking about taking the current 6.2 from the Raptor and increasing displacement to 7.0L (427 ci) and turning it into a new crate engine.

No he's talking about taking the current 6.2 from the Raptor and increasing displacement to 7.0L (427 ci) and turning it into a new crate engine.

...which is what they've done with the 351. It's listed as a 351, but if you check the displacement, it says 427. That's more than you can get out of a production Windsor.

• Like 1

I would argue that a bigger inch Raptor crate engine would be easier than the 363" and 427" Windsor based crate engines. Those are hand built with special parts.

I'm simply talking about a very good long block based on a current engine that is pouring off the assembly line as we speak. By increasing the stroke and equipping the engine with the appropriate rods and pistons it is very conceivable that a hot rodder could indeed have access to a truly modern day SOHC engine.

Now as far as my enthusiasm and how it relates or doesn't relate to the subject at hand. To that let me say this, automobiles are not just appliances or even necessities to people. In fact the auto manufacturers count on them to be much more than that. I don't think I need to explain how automobiles can capture ones imagination.

Does Ford want to be the company that fuels an enthusiast's passion? I guarantee you they do. Now I get that crate engines are but a tiny piece of a big puzzle, BUT! Ford can either lead or follow but when you follow the view never changes.

Is there anyone else hoping that Ford Performance decides to really pull out the stops and builds a crate version on the 6.2 Raptor engine to 427 cubic inches giving us a modern 427 SOHC?

Check this out:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-autos-ford-motor-idUSKBN17100F

NLPRacing just posted it in another thread.

Maybe Ford's planning on building a SOHC 7.0L after all.

Wow, that's great news! Both for Ford and the community of auto workers involved in this.

I knew there were at least a few at Ford that were keenly interested in developing the 6.2 into much more. (Assuming this 7.0 is Raptor based)

I had the opportunity to speak directly to drag racer Don Bowles who was part of the 777 project a few years back. He was literally giddy about how easy it was to extract big power out of that engine design.

This was coming from someone who was used to big power naturally aspirated Ford 351 based engines.

BTW the 777 stood for 7 liter, 700 horsepower, 7000 rpm. So the 7 liter engine was conceived of and flogged at the very inception of the Raptor engine family.

http://www.429-460.com/t14209-the-new-bbf-alternative

• Like 1

Wow, that's great news! Both for Ford and the community of auto workers involved in this.

He was literally giddy about how easy it was to extract big power out of that engine design.

Yeah, it'll be real fun watching it get legislated out of various drag racing classes.

Ford performance's slogan should be something like, "So good it's not even legal--at the track."

Edited by RichardJensen

• 1 year later...

Koenigsegg originally used Ford mod motors, but my recollection is that they designed their own to replace it a few years ago.

hate to be the one to break it to you but you're recollection fails you. That is unless you just believe everything that that lying engine patent Thief Christian Von Koenigsegg says LOL. Wow...

Basically, every time I build a 4.6/5.4 with a "custom" Bryant or Winberg billet crank, "custom" billet rods, "custom" pistons designed to my specs, "custom" camshafts designed to my specs, "custom" CNC cylinder head port job, some minor oiling system and timing chain modifications I'm designing an entirely new engine architecture per Koenigsegg. I find Koensigsegg's statements regarding their "own" engine design to be extremely disingenuous. They are building Mod motors, period.

Very well said sir! For the life of me I can't understand why Ford Motor Company has allowed them to get away with it. That's out right engine patent theft. And that Mr. Clean bald headed Thief Christian Von Koenigsegg has never given Ford any credit on top of all that. Makes me sick to my stomach.

• 11 months later...
On 3/20/2017 at 11:27 PM, White99GT said:

The Koenigsegg 5.0 is a Modular 4.6 based engine. Koenigsegg have an English company casting blocks for them, and are now using Ford GT/GT500 head castings. As far as Koenigsegg "designing" their new 5.0, LOL. It is a major league play on words, marketing double talk. They are still absolutely using the same engine architecure they always have (Modular), they are simply sourcing more hard parts from vendors outside of Ford and assembling in-house.

White99GT is 100% correct. It blows my mind that Ford enthusiasts even a moderator on this forum can't comprehend and have never read about or seen any evidence that Koenigsegg designed, and built their own engines ever! Christian Von Koenigsegg is a engine design patent thief! All of the engines that have ever been in any Koenigsegg have the same exact architecture as the original Ford Mod Motors he began using from the beginning! The article he wrote on his website, and the first thing you see attempting to convince anyone that goes there that his cars have all Koenigsegg design, and built engines. Even though he claims that because they changed enough of "our" original engine's design (referring to the Ford Mod Motor) therefore they feel comfortable enough to call them all Koenigsegg designed, and built engines proves that he is a engine design patent thief! He refers to patented catalytic converters, a dry-sump oiling systems, a crankcase evacuation systems, as some of the things that he changed on the original engine design which have nothing to do with engine design! It's insane how many Automotive enthusiast, and Automotive journalists can't see what is a clear act of engine design patent theft it's crazy! Many other low production boutique auto manufacturers that have made supercars have  properly made agreements with other auto manufacturing companies to use their high performance engines like the AMG V12 (Pagani Zonda, and Huayra), BMW M1 V12 (McLaren F1), the Brabham BT62 produced in the last year resulted in an agreement with Ford Motor company to use their 5.4L Mod Motors. Ford has allowed them to call it a bespoke Brabham engine. Instead of what Christian Von Koenigsegg did by copying Ford's all aluminum 32 valve DOHC Ford Mod Motor which has been used in racing applications to produce up to 3500+ HP by ACCUFAB Racing John Mihovetz (4.6L 281ci Teksid '93-'98 block, Ford GT heads CNC'd, and up to 3000 HP using the stock steel Kellogg Ford crankshaft with twin turbos on methanol) just like many other American engine builders. Which has allowed him to run 5.88 @ 255+ MPH in his 1998 Ford Mustang Pro-Mod for 5 years now, and 2300-3500 HP for 20 years without ever having a single engine failure for him or any of his customers at ACCUFAB Racing. L&M Racing Engines is just another example who have the same capabilities as ACCUFAB Racing when building Ford Mod Motors for racing/street applications using the original OEM Ford Mod Motor production blocks, cranks, and cylinder heads (4.6L, 5.0L, 5.2L, 5.4L, and 5.8L DOHC engines). Why Christian Von Koenigsegg has never been called out on it by the automotive media is mind-boggling! Designing a pneumatic operated system to open the valves or making intakes, valve covers, and front engine timing chain covers out of carbon fiber have nothing to do with changing into design either LoL! And comments made on this forum defending Koenigsegg are absolutely ridiculous, and idiotic! Every Ford enthusiast that visits to blueovalforms.com should be furious!

• Like 2