Ford to show all-new vehicle tomorrow. New Expedition?

That front grille...hmmmmmm.

Maybe better pictures will make it look better...I hope!

I'm assuming that's a Platinum model. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures. I also didn't expect it to share that much with the F-150's interior, though there are obvious changes to it. One thing is for sure, the interior won't be confused with the Navigator, which is obviously a good thing.

• Like 1

I like it.

What are the chances Ranger / Bronco front styling is a variation on this?

I'd say Ranger would more closely align with F-150 styling assuming it's all new, as I believe (otherwise, it'd just be a refresh of the existing ROW model....the timing just doesn't seem right for that in my eyes).

As for Bronco, you could see elements of this in it, I'd say, (that grille shape especially - as it can outline a "BRONCO" text in the grille), but I too think it'll skew closer to the boxier, more trucky look. That's been one of the points inhibiting Expy sales is that buyers thought it more/too trucky compared to the GM SUVs. That's why you see this model going further toward that sleeker look, both up front and in profile.

Finally. The sleek, modern, and refined direction that the market has been asking for, albeit 8 years too late.

This thing is going to sell.

Just wait until you see the other trims. ;)

Edit to add: This is also a nice preview of something you'll see next week.

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 1

Interesting that the door/glass does not follow the plunging beltline theme of the trucks (at the side mirrors). I guess that's another way to visually align it with the Explorer.

Intentional... The biggest gripe against the Expedition from buyers of competitive models is that it looks too truck-like. There was a concerted effort this go-round for it to stand on its own visual merits.

The F150 interior is really pretty top-notch, and isn't completely 'trucky', so I see no reason not to share.

How far we've come...

59703173.jpg

163_0206_01z%2B2003_ford_expedition%2Bin

112_0612_53z%2B2007_ford_expedition_el%2

• Like 1

It looks too truck like compared to what exactly? Tahoe? Suburban? I've heard of blind testing, but blind participants?

The contrast between the GMT900 utilities and the refreshed '07 Expedition was pretty stark. While I preferred the Ford, the heavy, three-bar grille, downward tabbed headlight, and vertical post interior theme projected more masculinity of the comparable GM products.

BTW this Expy stands in contrast to the almost "garish" overly styled Gm products.

It's important to note that this new Ford large utility program came very, very close to be scrapped (it was held indefinitely a few years back), but info on GM's K2xx utilities gave them enough hope to restart the program. (Specifically, I know that the interior packaging, SRA, and the cobbled-together folding third row were very influential.)

I like it but I think the interior will be too truck-like (boxy and blocky) for a lot of soccer moms. I don't blame them for using the F150 interior - honestly I thought the entire front clip and doors would be plucked straight from the F150 with a new grille just because of economics.

Except for a few typical GM design details I don't like I think this is a better looking dash.

2016-gmc-yukon-denali-007.jpg