Ford to show all-new vehicle tomorrow. New Expedition?

Ford posted to Facebook that they have an all-new vehicle announcement coming up tomorrow. Picture looks like a truck, Expedition maybe? Streamed live at 9:55am.

I'm curious what day and time did Ford posted that to Facebook? I had not seen that in my newsfeeds nor can I find it on Ford's FB page. Not their main page, Ford Trucks, or Ford SUVs pages either. I am on outdated computer as well as new Kindle tablet but should have seen it. I keep looking but can't find the info regarding this especially the picture that looks like a truck that you mentioned. Can you post a screen grab here if okay with moderator as per rules?

As for the announcement, I think it's the Expedition or possibly the updated or next generation Explorer since that is made in Chicago.

Edited by pffan1990

It was posted about 10:30 (central time) this morning. I went out to Ford's FB page and found it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to make a screen shot for me. I know why I can't see it. I don't use FB app on my Kindle since the app kept crashing. So I use the mobile layout of FB website on my browser of the Kindle. I cannot watch live webcasts on FB on my Kindle since it's in browser but I can watch once the live portion is complete at which the video is converted into a format that the browser can play within FB. I view the mobile layout on my old Mac as well since that's the only way to view FB on my Mac since the browsers I use are outdated to view the desktop format. I have found in Mac users forums that some are having same issues. I am currently saving up for a new Mac. So it's the issue of not being able to view live webcasts and not having the reminders set as you have. That's why I didn't see it in newsfeeds nor could find it. So again, thanks so much for taking the time to make a screen grab. :)

Yeah, I figure it would be the Expedition. Now I'm really excited especially the 'all new vehicle' description. Hmm, what will it look like, what will it have, etc. All the questions I have. I know what I'll do. I can't see it on my Mac and Kindle due to inability to view live webcasts. Surely Ford will do live webcast on their YouTube channel. :) That was how I watched the Detroit Auto Show press conference. Thanks for posting this thread to get me aware of the time and to get us all ready for this. Sorry for my long post but I felt I needed to explain to you why I asked for your screengrab. By the way, this morning's post of mine was the first in such a long time since I'm a lurker of this great forum. I view almost daily but post so rarely. :)

Edited to say: Just now realized the person who shared the screen grab was not the original poster of this thread. Thanks to the BOTH of you for this. :)

Edited by pffan1990
  • Like 1

16179903_1809025446002328_61461717905456

Here's a larger image for everyone.

Interesting that it has a notch in the top (if not the bottom) of the grille like the 2018 F-150. It'll certainly tie the two together, while looking softer. I know that was often a reason GM buyers gave for liking the GM SUVs - that they were "prettier."

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

it looks like it took design elements from the 18 f150 and 17 super duties.

I'm thinking the same thing. I personally like the new 2018 F-150 styling and would like if Expy takes on that direction. It would revert to bringing the Expy back to sharing the F-150 cab from B pillar to front bumper... for the first time since Expy generation (1997-2002)!

I'm thinking the same thing. I personally like the new 2018 F-150 styling and would like if Expy takes on that direction. It would revert to bringing the Expy back to sharing the F-150 cab from B pillar to front bumper... for the first time since Expy generation (1997-2002)!

It won't share F-150's cab. The body is like the Navigator concept's.

• Like 1

16179903_1809025446002328_61461717905456

Here's a larger image for everyone.

Interesting that it has a notch in the top (if not the bottom) of the grille like the 2018 F-150. It'll certainly tie the two together, while looking softer. I know that was often a reason GM buyers gave for liking the GM SUVs - that they were "prettier."

Sharing front quarter panels?

Sharing front quarter panels?

Nope, not possible either.....The F-150's lights notch back in the quarter panel, whereas the Expedition's angle back on a single line down the whole headlight, the taper up is a similar story ~90 degrees for F-150, 45 for Expy; not to mention the overall headlight assembly looks shorter on the Expy.....here's the '18 F-150 for reference:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

Nope, not possible either.....The F-150's lights notch back in the quarter panel, whereas the Expedition's angle back on a single line down the whole headlight, the taper up is a similar story ~90 degrees for F-150, 45 for Expy; not to mention the overall headlight assembly looks shorter on the Expy.....here's the '18 F-150 for reference:

Good call...I was too lazy to look up an '18 F150 pic for reference, so thanks! :)

i honestly preferred the expedition front fascias over the f150 front fascias since the divergence in gen 2. wat the f150 always done better though was interior design and space utilization. hopefully the new one has a softer more flowy interior than the current gen expy and f150 but uses the same space utilization. if anything, thats why gm sells more suvs, the interior always matches the exterior design and feel more car like and pretty despite the terrible space utilization.

i honestly preferred the expedition front fascias over the f150 front fascias since the divergence in gen 2. wat the f150 always done better though was interior design and space utilization. hopefully the new one has a softer more flowy interior than the current gen expy and f150 but uses the same space utilization. if anything, thats why gm sells more suvs, the interior always matches the exterior design and feel more car like and pretty despite the terrible space utilization.

Good call...I was too lazy to look up an '18 F150 pic for reference, so thanks! :)

No problem!

Yeah, we can look at the Navigator concept for hard points of the interior (not sharing interiors, just the hard points) - which means a wider, low dash, which will give it a more car like look compared to the tall, more blocky look of the F-150.

I too did not look at the 2018 F-150 pictures for reference but now see that they won't be sharing much similarities. I guess we'll have to wait and see tomorrow. I wonder if articles will be published after midnight tonight or if the embargo lifts at the moment of the live reveal.

It still is a big deal to me considering that the Expy was left alone for quite a long time now with the exception of the 2015 update. Nice to see it finally get a long needed redesign. As well as a social media reveal coverage as well. So will this be the only 'new' vehicle shown at the Chicago Show? I seen on a schedule thread elsewhere in this forum that Ford will do a 11:30am press the day before it opens. Why would Ford do a press reveal there if they are already doing one tomorrow? So I'm wondering if there's actually TWO vehicles being shown? We'll see.

I too did not look at the 2018 F-150 pictures for reference but now see that they won't be sharing much similarities. I guess we'll have to wait and see tomorrow. I wonder if articles will be published after midnight tonight or if the embargo lifts at the moment of the live reveal.

It still is a big deal to me considering that the Expy was left alone for quite a long time now with the exception of the 2015 update. Nice to see it finally get a long needed redesign. As well as a social media reveal coverage as well. So will this be the only 'new' vehicle shown at the Chicago Show? I seen on a schedule thread elsewhere in this forum that Ford will do a 11:30am press the day before it opens. Why would Ford do a press reveal there if they are already doing one tomorrow? So I'm wondering if there's actually TWO vehicles being shown? We'll see.

Expedition is tomorrow, and speculation is that Ford will show of another MCE for Explorer at the Chicago show.

Unless they surprise everyone with a Ranger concept or something, but we've narrowed it to an Explorer refresh.

• Like 1