2018 Transit Production Information

ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the model changeover schedule for the 2017/2018 Transit.

• 05/05/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 06/15/2017 - 2017MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/25/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date

• 06/12/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 07/13/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/28/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

The 2018 Transit Order Guide will be available on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and will be uploaded to the Order Guide section at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Since they will stop making 17's on a Friday and start making 18's the following Monday, does that mean there's not many changes from MY2017 to MY2018? If so, is there any word on when the Transit will get an update? It would be nice if it would get the 10 speed auto, Gen2 3.5 EcoBoost and maybe the 3.0 PowerStroke too.

Since they will stop making 17's on a Friday and start making 18's the following Monday, does that mean there's not many changes from MY2017 to MY2018? If so, is there any word on when the Transit will get an update? It would be nice if it would get the 10 speed auto, Gen2 3.5 EcoBoost and maybe the 3.0 PowerStroke too.

Not necessarily. If it was even a refresh they could do a changeover that fast. They did it with the Focus, they're doing that with the F-150 (the week gap is the annual July 4 shutdown week), and they will probably do it with the Mustang too.

I think it's one more model year then Transit gets at least a refresh.

Not necessarily. If it was even a refresh they could do a changeover that fast. They did it with the Focus, they're doing that with the F-150 (the week gap is the annual July 4 shutdown week), and they will probably do it with the Mustang too.

I think it's one more model year then Transit gets at least a refresh.

Do you think there will be any major changes to the 2018MY and/or 2019MY Transit?

• 2 months later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated model changeover schedule for the 2017/2018 Transit.

• 05/19/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 08/25/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date

• 08/28/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

The 2018 Transit Order Guide will be available on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and will be uploaded to the Order Guide section at that time.

I rented a low roof long wheel base 12 seats (2+3+3+4) 3.7 V6 for a week to take my friends from Los Angeles to Vegas, and shopping outlet.

it is a commercial van and it is a rental, so I am not going to complain about the fit and finish here.

Pro:

• easy to drive
  • can seat 12 people
  • lot of room for luggage

Con:

• leg room is tight in all rows after the 2nd
  • the 3rd row single jump seat is weird
  • last row bench seat can't be reclined
  • side door step is too narrow, difficult for old people.

What kind of improvement I would like to see will make me want to buy a transit more than a sprinter:

• use of the new 10 spds transmission.
  • more leg room for 3rd and 4th row, so you really can reclined
  • do something about that weird single seat on 3rd row
  • last row bench seat can be reclined
  • Similar front end design as Explorer
  • power slide door
  • a new trim level with better materiel, fit and finish for non-commercial user.
Edited by @_@
  • Like 1

If only they would build a Transit Chateau Club wagon, my life would be complete.....

I am glad to see that I am NOT the only person with that complaint !

My kids grew up in Chateau Club Wagons and I still own a '98 (although it is turning to rust before my eyes). The grand kids love the the big bucket seats. I have seriously considered buying a window van and adding aftermarket seats.

• Like 1

If only they would build a Transit Chateau Club wagon, my life would be complete.....

I am glad to see that I am NOT the only person with that complaint !

My kids grew up in Chateau Club Wagons and I still own a '98 (although it is turning to rust before my eyes). The grand kids love the the big bucket seats. I have seriously considered buying a window van and adding aftermarket seats.

I would love to see a "Chateau" version too. They could call it a Limited or Platinum, I would care as long as it had seating for 7 or 9 with 4 to 6 bucket seats and a bench that would convert to a bed. I know there's conversion van companies out there that will build me one like that, but I would rather have it from the factory. I would also like to see towing capacity upped to 9000 lbs or so. That would be the ultimate cross country tow vehicle.

Edited by NLPRacing

... I would rather have it from the factory.

CONCUR ! Every aftermarket conversion van I have been is seems "cheap".

I would also like to see towing capacity upped to 9000 lbs or so. That would be the ultimate cross country tow vehicle.

Not likely. I don't know what is limiting the towing capacity now. Frame/suspension, brakes, engine or transmission. The 3.5L EB in an F150 is rated at over 10,000 lb towing capacity (requires various other upgrades).

• 3 months later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated model changeover schedule for the 2017/2018 Transit.

• ​05/26/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 08/31/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date

• 09/05/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date