Ranger Spy Pics?

OK jpd80, explain what we are seeing here. Hows does this compare to the current truck? Is it just another front clip update for non North American markets before the next gen hits in 2019? Or does this lend any credibility to the Reddit stuff?

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/news/2017/commercial/ford/ranger/spy-pics-next-ford-ranger-spotted-in-melbourne-105614

• Like 1

OK jpd80, explain what we are seeing here. Hows does this compare to the current truck? Is it just another front clip update for non North American markets before the next gen hits in 2019? Or does this lend any credibility to the Reddit stuff?

Outside of the grill, it doesn't look like anything has changed on them vs the photos I've been looking at.

If anything, they are most likely engine testing mules that are getting shipped some place for testing...there was an Edge in the background of one of the shots.

Outside of the grill, it doesn't look like anything has changed on them vs the photos I've been looking at.

If anything, they are most likely engine testing mules that are getting shipped some place for testing...there was an Edge in the background of one of the shots.

I'm only seeing three camo'd Rangers with a different grill. Where's the Edge?

• Like 1

Hi Guys, these look like early HVAC mules, on existing panels, the lighting is interesting departure

but the double bar grille is probably there to approximate the changes in air flow with future grilles

or could in fact be NG Global front.

Either way, Graeme Wickman said that T6 isn't going anywhere, so NG is heavy evolution,

bring all trucks up to spec, inclusion of Nth America this time around means we have a

great shot of both better trim levels and more interesting engines and transmissions.

Global will of course get the new 2.0 Ecoblue diesel as base, fingers crossed that we all

get 3.0 V6 diesel over the 3.2 - i suspect South Africa will be pivotal as they supply

North America with 3.2 I-5 diesel - if SA announces plant upgrades the we're on. :)

Mexico get 2.5 I-4 Gas engine, way past its use by date, could we see 2.3 DI and EB 2.3

combination for Nth America? That would smooth the path nicely with a 10-speed auto...

Edited by jpd80

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

On second thought on a bigger screen it might be another Ranger

Yep, three Rangers with Everest type grilles - that's gotta be the NG Global Ranger

evolving on with the Everest look.... maybe this is why North America gets a different look.

Just imagine that vehicle with a slightly smaller '17 F150 grille and head light set up...

Yep, three Rangers with Everest type grilles - that's gotta be the NG Global Ranger

evolving on with the Everest look.... maybe this is why North America gets a different look.

Just imagine that vehicle with a slightly smaller '17 F150 grille and head light set up...

I was hoping this was just another MCE for you guys. The rest of the truck looks to be SOS. Seems plausible that you would get another minor update before 2019. Kind of hard to imagine there would be this little outward change for the NG with the amount of time that has supposedly been spent on the design. Or are these just platform mules wearing old skin and Everest grilles?

• Like 1

I was hoping this was just another MCE for you guys. The rest of the truck looks to be SOS. Seems plausible that you would get another minor update before 2019. Kind of hard to imagine there would be this little outward change for the NG with the amount of time that has supposedly been spent on the design. Or are these just platform mules wearing old skin and Everest grilles?

One more MCE for global markets would make sense given that the NG is still almost two years away.

This one may be more about the new 2.0 Ecoblue replacing the 2.2 Puma diesel.

Edited by jpd80

One more MCE for global markets would make sense given that the NG is still almost two years away.

That's a good point to consider. We won't see our version of the Ranger until next year at the earliest (assuming the 2019 represents the model year); revising the grille for ROW models until then isn't that crazy of a thought. The differences I see in the picture are limited to the grille insert and exhaust pipe. Unless they're planning on 1) going with a very long product cycle for the Ranger (whereas introducing the ROW Ranger essentially as-is here in the US would apply), or 2) introducing the ROW Ranger as-is, with a quick complete redesign a year or two later, I just don't think it makes sense for us to be getting the existing model with a slightly different grille, as the ROW vehicle would continue aging, and will already be 4 years old at the point of the launch of our model.

Which Ranger model now get the side exhaust bent pipe? These look like drivetrain mules using current body.

I agree that that's mainly what we're seeing here.

But with the current MCE just launched in the 2nd quarter in 2016, you think they would do another before the next Gen?

But with the current MCE just launched in the 2nd quarter in 2016, you think they would do another before the next Gen?

Also, a new grille insert =/= an MCE as far as I'm concerned. If it's just getting a new grille insert for ROW (the same one Everest uses) and maybe an additional powertain (remember, Ford decoupled redesigns and powertrain changes a while back, so they don't necessarily happen at the same time), that's not a big deal, and could make sense before the new one comes.

Those mules have an all new front clip, bumper, lower valance, headlamps, grille etc etc. The current Rangers new front clip and rear end changes where just launched a few months ago. I cannot see Ford doing another new front clip MCE before the next gen which is due to begin production sometime next year.

Those mules have an all new front clip, bumper, lower valance, headlamps, grille etc etc. The current Rangers new front clip and rear end changes where just launched a few months ago. I cannot see Ford doing another new front clip MCE before the next gen which is due to begin production sometime next year.

Hmm....guess I don't know what the current one looks like then. Do you think you could post some pictures of it for me?

Edited by rmc523