2014 Ford Taurus SHO - Climate Control System shuts off

toduncom

I have a 2014 SHO and I am having an issue with the automatic climate control system. It just shuts off on its own, when it shuts off, it will always (so far) turn back on using the touch panel. I don't want to take it in to the dealer until it is really 'broken'.

Has anyone heard of similar issues or experienced this issue?

This issue only happens to me occasionally, from once or twice to several times a day. FYI - My car has about 56,000 miles.

I am trying to figure out if this is a low occurrence (rare) or more pervasive (frequent) on the 2013 and newer Taurus.

I took it to the dealer a few weeks ago and my dealer updated my Sync to the latest version, but it didn't have any affect on my problem. I don't have issues with calls or song or artist, just the HVAC. It seems to turn the climate control system off after running for about 5 or 10 minutes and then it is usually good for the rest of my 50 minute drive. Occasionally it will turn off repeatedly several times in a row and then run fine for an hour. This doesn't happen very often, but is tiresome when it does.

Any information is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, fordtech1, I hear the confirmation sound every time. That is usually how I find out it went off. When this happens the lower buttons (capacitive touch) won't work, specifically the increase temperature and power, I have to use the small screen climate control to turn it back on.

Let me know if you have any ideas what might be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having the same problem.  Have they done a recall on this?  

The a/c or heat will switch itself on and off multiple times and remain on or off for different lengths of time.  Sometimes the light up touch buttons will not work and other times they work.  The touch screen always works as well as voice command.

• 1 year later...