2018 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

It's disappointing the FX4 package is only available on the XLT, and not the Limited. Some people like a little nicer vehicle that has some off-road capabilities.

Seriously, I would consider trading in my 2011 Raptor as it looks to have held it's value very well compared to my wife's 2011 Explorer that is worth about scrap price according to KBB.

Seriously, I would consider trading in my 2011 Raptor as it looks to have held it's value very well compared to my wife's 2011 Explorer that is worth about scrap price according to KBB.

It's amazing what used trucks go for. My 2013 FX4 brings good money still.

The actual formula is dealer invoice minus 0.4% plus $275. On a $70K invoice that would be $70,000 - $280 + $275.

This may be a dumb question, but is there a way to find out what the dealer invoice is? Is it a percentage of MSRP?

Just curious if it's worthwhile attempting to get an x-plan price.

If anyone has either MSRP or dealer invoice on the short Platinum 4x2, it would be appreciated. If the 4x4 is $75,855 MSRP, so I would guess 4x2 would be around $72k?

My 2013 Raptor held its value exceptionally well when I traded it. My wife's 2013 Explorer, not so much, and definitely could have been better.

My 2013 Raptor held its value exceptionally well when I traded it. My wife's 2013 Explorer, not so much, and definitely could have been better.

I wonder how well our Focus will hold its value. Our lease is up next year. We definitely need something bigger for the car seat but if the value is low enough I might just keep it.

I wonder how well our Focus will hold its value. Our lease is up next year. We definitely need something bigger for the car seat but if the value is low enough I might just keep it.

If Ford is anything like Jeep was back when the girlfriend/wife was leasing her Liberty, they will not sell it to you for what it's worth but for the price spelled out in the paperwork.

• Like 1

If Ford is anything like Jeep was back when the girlfriend/wife was leasing her Liberty, they will not sell it to you for what it's worth but for the price spelled out in the paperwork.

That's correct. It keeps the dealers from playing games, plus they can't really afford to individually negotiate every lease return.

• Like 1

Oh ok. Never leased before this one so this whole thing is new to me.

At 11.5k, I'm probably better off sticking with my plan of hanging onto the 08 and waiting for the Ranger.

I personally would hold onto the 08. I wouldn't want to be saddled with that focus that may have depreciation issues, and you'll have a pretty cool new vehicle that not many people will have for a little while.

I personally would hold onto the 08. I wouldn't want to be saddled with that focus that may have depreciation issues, and you'll have a pretty cool new vehicle that not many people will have for a little while.

I'm kinda forced to since 2012 me made terrible decisions and I still owe money on it. The fact that I've put 5k worth of work into it in the last year makes me breathe a little easier. New clutch, new front suspension, new rear suspension, new rear subframe, new motor mounts (except trans mount, need to do that one still but I have the part). Would love to fix the a/c but at this point I'll probably just deal with it. It has 188.5k on it and still runs like a champ.

I'm kinda forced to since 2012 me made terrible decisions and I still owe money on it. The fact that I've put 5k worth of work into it in the last year makes me breathe a little easier. New clutch, new front suspension, new rear suspension, new rear subframe, new motor mounts (except trans mount, need to do that one still but I have the part). Would love to fix the a/c but at this point I'll probably just deal with it. It has 188.5k on it and still runs like a champ.

When you get to that high of mileage it's fun to see how far you can run it up. I had a Ford Probe that I bought from my sister with 120k and then I ran it up to 155K. I sold it to my brother-in-law who ran it up to 190k. He sold it off to somebody else but I don't know what happened to it after that. The AC failed in the 135k range, but I didn't bother having it fixed. Other than tires, mufflers, and maintenance over its life there wasn't much money put into it. I have to say it was a great car.

I'd hold onto the '08 too. There are days I wish I still had my '09 over my new one.

When you get to that high of mileage it's fun to see how far you can run it up. I had a Ford Probe that I bought from my sister with 120k and then I ran it up to 155K. I sold it to my brother-in-law who ran it up to 190k. He sold it off to somebody else but I don't know what happened to it after that. The AC failed in the 135k range, but I didn't bother having it fixed. Other than tires, mufflers, and maintenance over its life there wasn't much money put into it. I have to say it was a great car.

When I bought my '16 Focus my '09 had 193k miles on it with the original clutch. I wanted to continue to drive it to see how long it would last, and when a major repair came along I'd donate it. Then my second teenager got her license and my insurance rates doubled. i couldn't justify keeping it just to hit a number, but damn I wanted to. I'd have over 210k on it today.

I bought it with 66k on it. A/c works when charged, but there's a leak somewhere and I don't really feel like putting in the effort to find it. We don't drive the new one as much sine the little guy was born so the car seat is always at home in case of emergencies, so have about 6k in miles I can use to catch up to where I /should/ be at this point. I can drive it to work on particularly hot/muggy days so I don't suffocate on the freeway.*

* once I get it back from yet another warranty repair.

Kinda pissed that since the navis been revealed theres been a steady stream of photos and info comin out, however outside of the fx4 recently, ford has barely released anything new about the expy, let alonr photos. Theres no limited or xlt photos out except whats been released at the auto shows or the original pree release stuff...hell even the fx4 variant is a good copy and paste of the original release photo

If you can wait a few months you'll have a better chance of getting a discount but that really depends on how popular they end up versus production.

The tradeoff is to pay a bit more now and enjoy the vehicle sooner and for longer. I wouldn't expect more than an extra $1K - $2K at most.