PROFIT SHARING

ppeter31

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like another profitable year.

"Today, we are reporting our fourth quarter and full-year 2016 financial results, and announcing our seventh consecutive year of strong performance thanks to the hard work and results by our team around the world".

"Building on the all-time record we set in 2015, we achieved a full-year adjusted pre-tax profit of $10.4 billion, automotive operating margin of 6.7 percent and automotive operating cash flow of $6.4 billion – our second-best results for each metric. We also produced a strong full-year operating margin in North America of 9.7 percent, including a record fourth quarter margin of 8.5 percent.

Outside North America, results from our automotive operations nearly doubled versus a year ago. In Asia Pacific, we delivered our second-best full-year pre-tax profit of $627 million, and we achieved record full-year performance in Europe with $1.2 billion pre-tax profit and operating margin of 4.2 percent. While business conditions in South America and the Middle East and Africa remained difficult, we saw all key metrics improve in South America in the fourth quarter for the first time since third quarter 2013.

Ford Credit also delivered solid results of $1.9 billion in pre-tax profit.

In line with our expectations, our fourth quarter results also were strong – but slightly lower than a year ago with adjusted pre-tax profit of $2.1 billion, automotive operating margin of 5.7 percent and automotive operating cash flow of $1.5 billion".

"These continued strong results underscore the substantial progress we are making in expanding our business to be an auto and a mobility company".

"Looking ahead, we expect to deliver another good year in 2017. However, consistent with our previous guidance, our full-year total company outlook will be lower than 2016, driven mainly by increased investments we are making this year in emerging opportunities".

"It is important for the entire Ford team to remain focused on our strategic priorities, which include:

• Fortifying the strengths in our core business;
  • Transforming the traditionally underperforming parts of our core business; and
  • Growing in emerging opportunities, including electrification, autonomy and mobility".

"We will discuss our results and outlook for the year during today’s Global Town Hall at 7:35 a.m. Dearborn time (10:35 a.m. São Paulo, 1:35 p.m. Cologne, 4:35 p.m. Dubai, 8:35 p.m. Shanghai)".

"Congratulations to the entire Ford team on another strong year and thank you for all you are doing to help Ford Go Further."

With these posted 2016 earnings, one could use this very generalized calculation, if a member earned about the same in 2015 as 2016 and if the yet to be determined factor is about the same as used in 2015 for 2016, it would be safe to calculated a member will be netting about the same profit sharing payment in 2017. If the members deductions have stayed about the same as 2015.

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Looks like another profitable year.

"Today, we are reporting our fourth quarter and full-year 2016 financial results, and announcing our seventh consecutive year of strong performance thanks to the hard work and results by our team around the world".

"Building on the all-time record we set in 2015, we achieved a full-year adjusted pre-tax profit of $10.4 billion, automotive operating margin of 6.7 percent and automotive operating cash flow of $6.4 billion our second-best results for each metric. We also produced a strong full-year operating margin in North America of 9.7 percent, including a record fourth quarter margin of 8.5 percent.

Outside North America, results from our automotive operations nearly doubled versus a year ago. In Asia Pacific, we delivered our second-best full-year pre-tax profit of $627 million, and we achieved record full-year performance in Europe with $1.2 billion pre-tax profit and operating margin of 4.2 percent. While business conditions in South America and the Middle East and Africa remained difficult, we saw all key metrics improve in South America in the fourth quarter for the first time since third quarter 2013.

Ford Credit also delivered solid results of $1.9 billion in pre-tax profit.

In line with our expectations, our fourth quarter results also were strong but slightly lower than a year ago with adjusted pre-tax profit of $2.1 billion, automotive operating margin of 5.7 percent and automotive operating cash flow of $1.5 billion".

"These continued strong results underscore the substantial progress we are making in expanding our business to be an auto and a mobility company".

"Looking ahead, we expect to deliver another good year in 2017. However, consistent with our previous guidance, our full-year total company outlook will be lower than 2016, driven mainly by increased investments we are making this year in emerging opportunities".

"It is important for the entire Ford team to remain focused on our strategic priorities, which include:

• Fortifying the strengths in our core business;
  • Transforming the traditionally underperforming parts of our core business; and
  • Growing in emerging opportunities, including electrification, autonomy and mobility".

"We will discuss our results and outlook for the year during todays Global Town Hall at 7:35 a.m. Dearborn time (10:35 a.m. São Paulo, 1:35 p.m. Cologne, 4:35 p.m. Dubai, 8:35 p.m. Shanghai)".

"Congratulations to the entire Ford team on another strong year and thank you for all you are doing to help Ford Go Further."

With these posted 2016 earnings, one could use this very generalized calculation, if a member earned about the same in 2015 as 2016 and if the yet to be determined factor is about the same as used in 2015 for 2016, it would be safe to calculated a member will be netting about the same profit sharing payment in 2017. If the members deductions have stayed about the same as 2015.

Decker

What do deductions have to do with profit sharing? Ford does not apply an aggregate method of tax to the profit sharing. They use the flat 25%.

In this world of tax this and tax that I understand how taxes would come to mind when anyone mentions "deductions". I`m also aware of a large majority of members that have never had deductions for items other than taxes.

Let me clear up the use of the word "deductions". I`ve worked with and in some cases helped members that have found out that in some cases of outstanding debt or judgements along with some court orders can and will create a deduction completely outside of the withholding's of taxes and due`s, on a profit sharing bonus check.

If a court order has been satisfied or a judgement has been reduced sense the paying of last years profit sharing bonus then some members will see an increase in their take home (net) amount. Even with the flat rate of withholding`s. Then again if these types of debt have been put in place by court order, in the last year and the member hasn`t kept up with their end of the order or schedule then there is the likelihood of an unknown or unwanted deduction. Making the profit sharing bonus less than last year.

There are more than withholding`s being deducted from profit sharing bonus and any other bonus checks from some members.

Decker

Edited by Decker

What do deductions have to do with profit sharing? Ford does not apply an aggregate method of tax to the profit sharing. They use the flat 25%.

"deduction" not withholding's. Or back in the day... "Bricks" on your check. (I know I`m old ;) )

Edited by Decker

25% ????????? Are we talking about the same thing? Profit sharing is a bonus, mine has always been taxed around 40% since what ever Clinton did in the 90s to bonuses

Sorry I didn't finish that post.

25% to the feds, then SS, medicare, state, and union get their cut.

And it's actually not 42% it's closer to 37/38%.

In this world of tax this and tax that I understand how taxes would come to mind when anyone mentions "deductions". I`m also aware of a large majority of members that have never had deductions for items other than taxes.

Let me clear up the use of the word "deductions". I`ve worked with and in some cases helped members that have found out that in some cases of outstanding debt or judgements along with some court orders can and will create a deduction completely outside of the withholding's of taxes and due`s, on a profit sharing bonus check.

If a court order has been satisfied or a judgement has been reduced sense the paying of last years profit sharing bonus then some members will see an increase in their take home (net) amount. Even with the flat rate of withholding`s. Then again if these types of debt have been put in place by court order, in the last year and the member hasn`t kept up with their end of the order or schedule then there is the likelihood of an unknown or unwanted deduction. Making the profit sharing bonus less than last year.

There are more than withholding`s being deducted from profit sharing bonus and any other bonus checks from some members.

Decker

Aahhh gotcha.

You say deduction and I start thinking tax forms haha.

• Like 1