More F-150 refresh spyshots

I've been a little concerned that the new Bronco might turn into a soft roader.

Given that Ford has a CUV to cover all that, why would they add another?

Since its 99% certain that its going to be based on the Ranger and ergo the F-150 has a very capable off roader in the form of the Raptor, it wouldn't take a leap of faith that the Bronco couldn't do the same thing.

I just hope they get the Styling and size right on it. If it reminds me of the first gen Bronco and is around the size the of Edge, I'll be in line for one around 2020-21 to replace my SHO.

Given that Ford has a CUV to cover all that, why would they add another?

Since its 99% certain that its going to be based on the Ranger and ergo the F-150 has a very capable off roader in the form of the Raptor, it wouldn't take a leap of faith that the Bronco couldn't do the same thing.

I just hope they get the Styling and size right on it. If it reminds me of the first gen Bronco and is around the size the of Edge, I'll be in line for one around 2020-21 to replace my SHO.

Soft roader probably wasn't a good description by me. I'm just hoping the new Bronco is similar to the original, capable of open top, with good off road chops. I'm quite familiar with the Raptor's capability, but the Bronco doesn't even have to have that good of capability, because I would like it to affordable to many people.

If they come out with something along the lines of the FJ Cruiser, I won't be interested and will buy a Jeep.

Huh? That sounds so FCA ish!

No different than SVT, ST, or RS. They've built an incredible amount of equity in the Raptor name, and I can't blame them for wanting to take advantage.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that depend at least partially on which nameplate the new truck wears here.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

No different than SVT, ST, or RS. They've built an incredible amount of equity in the Raptor name, and I blame them for wanting to take advantage.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that depend at least partially on which nameplate the new truck wears here.

Oh, I see what you are saying, more like a package than a brand. You are saying F150 Raptor, Ranger Raptor, Bronco Raptor, Expedition Raptor, etc., the same as the ST, RS, packages.

I was thinking you were saying that it becomes it's own brand. So, you would have a Raptor F150, Raptor Ranger, Raptor Expedition, etc. This is what FCA intended with SRT, no?

Or am I still confused?

Oh, I see what you are saying, more like a package than a brand. You are saying F150 Raptor, Ranger Raptor, Bronco Raptor, Expedition Raptor, etc., the same as the ST, RS, packages.

I was thinking you were saying that it becomes it's own brand. So, you would have a Raptor F150, Raptor Ranger, Raptor Expedition, etc. This is what FCA intended with SRT, no?

Or am I still confused?

You've got it. :)

• Like 2

2018 Ford F-150 debuts with fresh face, diesel engine

"...the 2018 F-150 will have seven new grilles (some body colored, some chrome, some mesh), six new wheel designs (ranging from 17 to 22 inches in diameter), and three new appliqués for the tailgate (for King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited models)."

"Five engines will eventually be available in the 2018 F-150 – some new, some familiar. The big story, of course, is the confirmation of a 3.0-liter turbodiesel V6, which will be paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission."

2018-ford-f-150.jpg

2018-ford-f-150.jpg

2018-ford-f-150.jpg

2018-ford-f-150.jpg

Edited by richardmayo
  • Like 2

Kudos to the designers, I think the new grills look great. It addresses my dislike of the current snout, and makes the front end more horizontally oriented than before.

Throw in the new engine and tranny combo, and I'm probably looking at my next.

Edited by richardmayo
  • Like 1

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/01/08/ford-raises-the-bar-again-new-f-150-pickup.html

press tidbits:

• New enhanced segment-first available adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality allows drivers to set a cruising speed. They then use radar and camera technology to monitor traffic ahead to maintain a set distance between vehicles – even following a vehicle down to a complete stop.

• New, segment-first available Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection helps the driver avoid or mitigate collisions with vehicles and pedestrians.

The 2018 F-150 also adds an available all-new 3.0-liter Power Stroke diesel engine, designed, engineered and tested in-house and paired with the 10-speed automatic transmission. It’s the first-ever diesel engine offered for F-150.

In addition to the segment-first 10-speed automatic, the Ford F-150 is now the first full-size pickup truck to add automatic start/stop as standard equipment across all models and engines.

So much for the notion that Ford was going to be using the 10 year old engine in JLR products.

• Like 2

From Ford website:....Media.ford

Even more capable
Ford builds on its performance leadership by offering the most advanced F-150 engine lineup ever,

plus the best towing capability of any F-150 ever.

The new F-150 introduces an all-new, standard 3.3-liter V6 engine, with direct-injection for increased efficiency.

The 3.3-liter V6 is expected to offer the same 282 horsepower and 253 lb.-ft. of torque as the previous model’s

standard 3.5-liter V6.

An all-new second-generation 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine features advanced dual port and direct injection technology,

,reduced internal friction and improved robustness – all for improved levels of output, efficiency, quality and durability.

Like the 3.5-liter EcoBoost, the 2.7-liter EcoBoost will be paired to the segment-exclusive 10-speed automatic

transmission for 2018.

The 5.0-liter V8 also sees improvements in 2018, as the naturally aspirated engine features significant upgrades for

increased power and torque. It’s also paired with the 10-speed automatic transmission for the first time.

The 2018 F-150 also adds an available all-new 3.0-liter Power Stroke diesel engine, designed, engineered and tested

in-house and paired with the 10-speed automatic transmission. It’s the first-ever diesel engine offered for F-150.

In addition to the segment-first 10-speed automatic, the Ford F-150 is now the first full-size pickup truck to add automatic

start/stop as standard equipment across all models and engines.

The new 2018 F-150 goes on sale this fall. It will be built at Dearborn Truck Plant in Dearborn, Michigan, and Kansas City

Assembly Plant in Claycomo, Missouri.

So, a new 3.3 DI V6 as the new base engine, second generation 2.7 EB with DI and PFI and 10-speed auto as well as the 3.5 EB and 10-speed previously announced....

The 5.0 V8 is improved with more power and torque and gets the 10-speed auto.

All new Powerstroke 3.0 V6 Diesel teamed to 10-speed auto....

Ram Ecodiesel is now surpassed.

Another very good day to be a Ford fan.....

Edited by jpd80

That new diesel engine would also work nicely as the top of the line engine for the ROW Ranger. Here in Germany Ranger is the segment sales leader, although it has to compete against the Volkswagen Amarok. That really means a lot, as Volkswagen is known for dominating the german car market in most of the segments that they compete in. With that diesel engine in my opinion F-150 would even be a viable option for selling a larger than Ranger Ford truck in Germany.