8cyl Raptor for 2018

Ron.Bumpus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So the rumor now is a 7.0L DOHC being developed for the superduty line (will it be an SOHC for superduties?) will also be produced in a performance configuration for the GT500 and the Raptor and even possibly higher grade F150's.

I think it makes sense GM is after all developing a 6.2L DOHC and I believe it makes sense for Ford to defend its current status as the top DOHC V8 performance manufacturer.

• Like 2

So the rumor now is a 7.0L DOHC being developed for the superduty line (will it be an SOHC for superduties?) will also be produced in a performance configuration for the GT500 and the Raptor and even possibly higher grade F150's.

I think it makes sense GM is after all developing a 6.2L DOHC and I believe it makes sense for Ford to defend its current status as the top DOHC V8 performance manufacturer.

It would be awesome if it's true!

Apparently dollars have also been put into the 5.0 ecoboost...

There might be better case for a Coyote based 4.8L EcoBoost twin-turbo V8 which could potentially be shared across many RWD platforms including Raptor, F-150, Super Duty, Expy/Navigator, Mustang GT500 and Ford GT.

• Like 1

There might be better case for a Coyote based 4.8L EcoBoost twin-turbo V8 which could potentially be shared across many RWD platforms including Raptor, F-150, Super Duty, Expy/Navigator, Mustang GT500 and Ford GT.

That doesn't sound like a guess..... ;)

• Like 2

I agree with you completely, Ford would be short sighted if they let GM come out with a DOHC V8 that is far more powerful than anything they've got. I get the lemming drafted cafe ratings and all that. On the other hand the sound of a V8 cranking up in the morning, or the burble while cruising down a country road on a warm summer evening nothing like it. Some people want massagers in their chair, I like the sound of a V8. Frankly I don't get why they don't simply use the 6.2L but that's their business not mine, give me a V8 I'm happy to pay for it. Sometimes the intangible that really sells vehicles is hard to identify, (ie a roomy sporty car with in your face styling is apparently what sold the Zeta Camaro, people didn't really care about performance) the sound of the 6.2L in the Raptor was one of those "intangibles". A Raptor is "in your face" and even though the TT3.5L in it is one awesome engine, it's just not in your face enough.

It would be awesome if it's true!

The coming OHC 7.0L is a fact there have been press releases on it, also that it will go into the super duty trucks is a fact. No word official word on whether the confirmed 7.0L which will be made at the windsor plant is a DOHC or SOHC or the intention for it to find it's way to any other dog houses, one can only hope.

However this is a 427 c.i. engine, that hardly seems like a coincidence...

Edited by meyeste

• 2 weeks later...

Yea that rig needs an 8cyl....the lil tubo banger wanna be may be nice but come on..this is a raptor and not some import squishy tin trap the asians like to call a truck.give it the mill ut deserves

Why don't you take a break? Everything you've posted the last week is negative or offensive or both.