Union question

DSPF150

Before I answer that let me say I am all for reforming parts of the UAW. If you want to talk about changes then I'm in but if you’re asking if we need a union then my answer is 100% yes. Is our union all it should be, no, but it's 1000 times better than most manufacturing companies that do not have one.

Look at the profit sharing plans of non-union non skilled industries.

Look at the health and safety standards of non-union non skilled industries.

Look at the employee benefits in non-union non skilled industries.

Look at the transfer options from closing facilities in non-union non-skilled industries.

Look at hourly pay rates and raises in non-union non-skilled industries.

Look at pensions and matching 401k plans in non-union non-skilled industries.

Look at grievance procedures at non-union non skilled industries.

Look at how important Equality and Fairness is in non-union non-skilled industries.

Look at the prevailing wages in states that are traditionally non-union states.

• Like 4

Before I answer that let me say I am all for reforming parts of the UAW. If you want to talk about changes then I'm in but if you’re asking if we need a union then my answer is 100% yes. Is our union all it should be, no, but it's 1000 times better than most manufacturing companies that do not have one.

Look at the transfer options from closing facilities in non-union non-skilled industries.

Look at how important Equality and Fairness is in non-union non-skilled industries.

BOOM!

Just ask the non-UAW workers who worked at Bedford & Connersville plants what they think about the UAW. When Ford took back all the parts plants from Visteon, Bedford & Connersville were represented by another union and they did not return to the Ford fold. tHEY WERE ALL SHOWN THE DOOR. These were fellow Ford workers.

The UAW should have fought the whole Visteon fiasco but when it was all said and done 100% of the former Ford / Visteon employees were allowed to return to Ford plants. Even the employee who were hired at the UAW Visteon parts plants (ACH) after the spin off were given the opportunity to transfer to Ford plants. The NON-UAW plants (Bedford & Connersville) were left high and dry.

http://www.indianaeconomicdigest.net/main.asp?SectionID=31&subsectionID=62&articleID=34573

http://www.indianaeconomicdigest.net/main.asp?SectionID=31&subsectionID=62&articleID=31821

Edited by Dayshift

I cant get in touch with my mitty-man,I cant get a clear answer {I am on an AWS} to what should be standard questions relating to pay and general rules, so the local is all about 'who you know'.On a national level the UAW does seem to have it {pay and benefits} covered pretty good so I am staying a UAW member and just expecting LOUSY representation on a local level.

I cant get in touch with my mitty-man,I cant get a clear answer {I am on an AWS} to what should be standard questions relating to pay and general rules, so the local is all about 'who you know'.On a national level the UAW does seem to have it {pay and benefits} covered pretty good so I am staying a UAW member and just expecting LOUSY representation on a local level.

When I first hired in to ford 30 years ago some of the committee men did not seem to care it the did their job or not. Some had been re-elected over and over for many years. Today things are very different. If a committee is not on top of his game we give him the boot. Get active in your next election and vote in people who will represent everyone.

Now is the time to get together and pick people you can trust to do the job. Remember they work for you and represent you. If your current committee man & bargaining rep. does a good job then actively campaign for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I answer that let me say I am all for reforming parts of the UAW. If you want to talk about changes then I'm in but if youre asking if we need a union then my answer is 100% yes. Is our union all it should be, no, but it's 1000 times better than most manufacturing companies that do not have one.

QFT