2017 Edge Ordering

blockisle9

Hi, I just ordered a 2017 V6 Edge Titaniam burgundy velvet for myself this afternoon.

Does anyone know how long it takes for delivery? It's been a very long time since I actually ordered one directly from the manufacturer. Normally the dealer locates one or I buy a slightly used one.

Thanks

Lenny

I wonder why they are now charging customers more $$$ for the Velvet Burgundy when in 2013 they didn't charge extra for the color under the name of Bordeaux Red. I've checked the with PPG they are the same pigments. I was really interested in this so I tracked it down through a friend in the automotive paint industry. They work for the manufacture who produces the paint.

Edited by hermans
  • Like 1

Our dealership is delivering a 2017 Fusion Platinum AWD this afternoon that was ordered for a retail customer. The Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat looks amazing on the 2017 Fusion. When customers see vehicles in certain paint colors they don't care about the additional cost. I lost track a long time ago of the number of customers that bought a vehicle with the White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat because they loved the color and didn't care about the added cost!

• Like 1

I'm curious on this color because I plan on getting a 17 Edge. And I'm one that didn't care about the cost of the White Platinum tricoat cost on our Explorer lol.

Every so often a new color is introduced that just resonates with customers regardless of whether there's an extra cost or not. The White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat paint has been very popular across all the model lines on which it's been offered as has the optional Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat. Overall the White Platinum is the most in-demand optional paint. The new White Gold being offered this year is also selling well so far on the Escape and Fusion and we just had a 2017 F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew arrive which looks great. The Burgundy Velvet looks fabulous on the 2017 Fusion and we'll be ordered more as result of the sales rate so far!

The White Gold is a very classy color, and I'm not normally a fan of the lighter colors. It looks excellent on a new Super Duty with Caribou as the accent color.

The Ruby Red is probably my favorite color, though, and is looking to win out for my color of choice on my next truck (even if it is $395 more). Now, do I go Lariat with Magnetic lower, or go King Ranch with Caribou lower? Hmmm...