Is Ford stock a good buy

Dayshift

With the dividend rate of Ford Stock at 5% and the prospect for another special dividend in 2017 is ford stock a buy?

I have read several articles bout the likely hood of another special dividend. That coupled with such a high dividend payout I think Ford is cheap. I never recommend having more than 20% of ones retirement account in any one stock (10% is a better number) but I think with a greater than 5% payout I think everyone should own some.

What do you all think?

http://blogs.barrons.com/incomeinvesting/2016/08/09/ford-yields-close-to-5-another-special-dividend-may-be-coming/

Edited by Dayshift

5% dividend? Last I saw it was announced it was only .15 cents a share.

I haven't owned Ford in years. My TESPHE has never performed better.

At today's opening stock price I think a $.60 dividend (.15 X 4) is about 5%.

Edited by Dayshift

Owe it and DRIP.. It's the biggest reason I buy Ford products.

I am surprised by how many employees don't invest in the company they work for.

That highlights a culture....

I used to invest in the company I work for. But then I decided I wanted to retire someday. So I put my money into better investments, all under the advice if a financial advisor.

like pioneer said, there's no incentive to invest as an employee. There's much better options out there, especially for a 401k

Also most financial investors say NOT (well only invest) in the company you work for.

I bought some stock and use the dividends to reinvest into buying more F stock...its a long term commitment, but not my only investment.

Purchases in early 90's, 2003 & 2008 all made me a ton of money. It only took $20,000 in 2008 to make you a lot of money. Do the math on a $80,000 purchase.

Remember the basic stock market rule, buy low & sell high. $12 a share with a 5% dividend seems like a good buy for Ford.

All employees should be systematically putting 5 to 10% of their income into their retirement accounts. I understand some of you struggle to make ends meet but I recommend tightening your belt and look for ways to cut costs. It will pay off greatly in the end. Hop in and out of Ford as the price looks good. Sell when the asking price is much higher than the stock is worth.

Edited by Dayshift

I will get about $13000.00 in div. this year some called me dumb but look what I get for investing in my company.

Do you take the dividend or reinvest? I find when I take the dividend it cost me too much in taxes as I am not 59 1/2 and I am still working. I just reinvest all dividends.

• 2 weeks later...

For sure-amazing isn't it that people who have a good paying job with great benefits can't make their own commitment to the hand that feeds them-yeah -I'm sure I will get flamed for that statement..."bullshit-I give them my sweat for too many hours per week blah blah"

Purchases in early 90's, 2003 & 2008 all made me a ton of money. It only took $20,000 in 2008 to make you a lot of money. Do the math on a $80,000 purchase.

Remember the basic stock market rule, buy low & sell high. $12 a share with a 5% dividend seems like a good buy for Ford.

All employees should be systematically putting 5 to 10% of their income into their retirement accounts. I understand some of you struggle to make ends meet but I recommend tightening your belt and look for ways to cut costs. It will pay off greatly in the end. Hop in and out of Ford as the price looks good. Sell when the asking price is much higher than the stock is worth.

Amen Basic isn't it???

I reinvest 100%

Amen-again! Plus going back to the culture thing, amazing that someone could throw Enron into the same pot as Ford. Not an employee, but a true blue "loyalist" who was brought up with "Ford" ingrained into me with nothing but Ford cars, trucks, and tractorsn in the extended family. And just commenting to someone the other day..."what other American corporate entity still has the family heavily involved/invested.

• Like 1

Ask all the Employees that had stock in Delphi, GM and Chrysler how that worked out for them.

For the dividend?Because Ford aint got much 'room to run' as far as share price.The risk then becomes will Ford cut its dividend while you own the shares?I really don't know the answer.If I was buying dividends I would rather own a utility or telecommunication etc.etc.Today is November 6 2016 do NOT be impressed with past performance or anyone who 'brags' about buying F at $2 and yeah,yeah good for you.Answer to your question , Ford is a good dividend paying stock BUT you are exposing yourself to a fall in share price ,so if you buy Ford place a stop-loss order on the down side just in case to protect yourself and best of all good-luck.

Edited by Fatso

.Answer to your question , Ford is a good dividend paying stock BUT you are exposing yourself to a fall in share price ,so if you buy Ford place a stop-loss order on the down side just in case to protect yourself and best of all good-luck.

In the grand scheme of things you always run into this if your looking short or mid term...like I said my investment in Ford is long term and not my only stock I own.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not for your purposes. Ford is not an investment, it's only a trade. Something to make a quick profit from then get out. Perhaps this chart will help....as you can see it's been trading in a 3 year downward trough pattern. You can buy it near the bottom line but sell it as it nears the upper line.

post-47475-0-47600700-1484268471_thumb.jpg