Aluminum '17 Expy Coming

Didn't the FJ have rear suicide doors, technically making it a 4 door? IF Ford does a 2 door, I expect the suicide doors there too.

Yes your right about that...I forgot about that..then again I haven't seen one in ages either...they sold well the first two years then took a nose dive. Guess gas prices and the economy didn't help either.

That would be a really interesting thing to do since no other 2 door (I don't consider the Wrangler a SUV) type vehicle has launched like this since the new FJ came out.

I think this is the one segment where you might be able to get away with it - especially at the beginning when long-lost Bronco fans come out to buy one.

Texas state fair is more likely then. Don't bury it somewhere like Chicago that nobody pays any attention to.

OH I was only saying a potential reason why Expedition wouldn't be shown at Detroit....I assume they'll be shown separately to further avoid comparison between the two.

How does that make sense? For something that has been handily outsold by the competition for more than a decade you would be stupid to not give it the highest profile reveal you can.

It's not a world car and will not create buzz, Detroit is a media show, you bring your A+ game to it with icons and breakthroughs or are regulated to the back page or worse don't even get a mention. It is why manufactures that don't have big reveals skip the show. The Expedition short of being a diesel hybrid that gets 50mpg will not create that.