2017 Continental Fuel Economy

The best of the Lincoln’s competitors top 23 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. In fact, the Continental with the 400-hp 3.0-liter V-6 is a smidgen less efficient than the all-wheel-drive BMW 550i (16/25 mpg), which uses a larger, 4.4-liter twin-turbo V-8 making similar power.

Of course C&D doesn't mention that the Conti is a much larger vehicle than the 550 (6 more cu. ft of combined interior volume)

Do we honestly think the target market for this car cares about 2mpg??

Just asking.

Yes, it will be fodder for the magazine and internet never ending disdain for all things Lincoln................... but, should they have held back the car for a year for a couple of mpg??

• Like 1

Odd that they would even mention the CTS. Obviously, the Continental is more of a competitor to the XTS. With it's top engine (which has less torque than the Lincoln) the EPA rating is 16/23 - worse than the Continental.

I suppose I fit into the target market for the car - although I am probably more of a performance enthusiast than most. And no, I don't give a rat's derriere about EPA fuel economy ratings.

When compared to CT6, Continental's V6 variants give similar fuel economy and it's only in 2.0T and 8AT guise

that the CT6 exceeds 30 mpg..... I'd be interested to know how many small engines CT6s are actually sold.

Quite funny actually when you consider that for years the other fans have been telling us that luxury buyers

expect a decent level of performance as part of the whole package but the moment Lincoln does that

well the goal posts shift....

Edited by jpd80