News about aneekr

BlueOvalForums Community,

My name is Thomas Robinson. My uncle Nicholas "Sneeky" Robinson went by the screen name aneekr on this site. It is with a heavy heart that I wanted to let the BlueOvalForums Community know that Nicholas passed away on Friday, August 5 a few months shy of his 74th birthday, due to complications from cancer.

Uncle Sneeky, as the family always called him, was always interested in things automotive. He held many jobs related to motoring including mechanic, bus and truck driver, and fleet manager among others, both in the civilian world and when he served in the U.S. Army. Uncle Sneeky also started several small businesses related to fleet management and heavy equipment leasing and rental, which he later sold. In addition to his own businesses, he invested in motor vehicle businesses large and small across the globe.

Uncle Sneeky was an auto show aficionado too. He particularly liked the Chicago Auto Show. I still remember the first time he came with my parents and me to McCormick Place in 1979 when I was five. Uncle Sneeky challenged us to visit every automaker's exhibit. We didn't let him down. Beyond auto shows, Uncle Sneeky joined several automobile related clubs and sites online, but BlueOvalForums was the one that he enjoyed the most.

That brings me to why I came to this site and posted this announcement: last week as Uncle Sneeky's health worsened, he gave me his login to this site and told me, "Thomas, I know I don't much more time left in this world. Please go to BlueOvalForums and tell everyone there how grateful I am for the joy I got from that site in my last days. They are the most genuine online community of automotive enthusiasts I've ever met." Uncle Sneeky also asked me to look at this link: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59439-straight-six-vs-v6/page-3. When I came to this site and read through this topic posted almost exactly a year ago, I shed some tears when I got to message number 54 and all the replies that followed in which you offered your thoughts and prayers to Uncle Sneeky. I'm the nephew that he mentioned in that message. He sold me his manual transmission Ford Fusion last year, and I passed that car on to the newest drivers in my family.

From my family, thank you to everyone at BlueOvalForums for the friendship and support you gave Uncle Sneeky. We are very appreciative to all of you for making this online community for Ford Motor Co something he held so dear.

Thomas and the Robinson family

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...