• Custom Search

fuzzymoomoo

How long does a clutch last?

Pedal totally seized as I was accelerating from a light. Fortunately I had enough momentum to coast into a gas station and off the road. Then to add insult to injury the pedal linkage broke too so I need a whole new pedal assembly too.

$2k in repairs unless the flywheel can be resurfaced and doesn't need replacing

Well....here's my answer, at least...on the 2013 SE with the DPS6 tranny......about 30,000 if your VERY lucky !!! Just had mine repaired 8-24-16 (new dual clutch pkg) or so they said. Ran like shit for 1 week and then while on the highway at 65mph with a tractor trailer right behind me.....the TCM quit and lost ALL power !! Damn near fatal situation that only was adverted by me pulling off the shoulder and almost slamming into detour signs. Dealer says that this is very common and they were so sorry that I almost got killed. Part will be covered under extended warranty but is on back-order....good news is that it MIGHT only take a month or two to get it. Yeah, I know it's an auto, but it sure doesn't drive like one.

Well....here's my answer, at least...on the 2013 SE with the DPS6 tranny......about 30,000 if your VERY lucky !!! Just had mine repaired 8-24-16 (new dual clutch pkg) or so they said. Ran like shit for 1 week and then while on the highway at 65mph with a tractor trailer right behind me.....the TCM quit and lost ALL power !! Damn near fatal situation that only was adverted by me pulling off the shoulder and almost slamming into detour signs. Dealer says that this is very common and they were so sorry that I almost got killed. Part will be covered under extended warranty but is on back-order....good news is that it MIGHT only take a month or two to get it. Yeah, I know it's an auto, but it sure doesn't drive like one.

Wow, that's brutal. More evidence that that transmission was nowhere near ready for the public.

That transmission will never ever feel like an automatic to begin with, it's a manual transmission that just happens to shift automatically, there will always be a chance for it to roll on you. Ford (and likewise every dealer out there) did a piss-poor job of educating the public on that fact.

Btw, I was referring to a manual transmission clutch initially ;)

My friend at work lost his TCM 3 weeks ago. His was fixed in 2 days. I don't think it will take a month.

Wow, that's brutal. More evidence that that transmission was nowhere near ready for the public.

That transmission will never ever feel like an automatic to begin with, it's a manual transmission that just happens to shift automatically, there will always be a chance for it to roll on you. Ford (and likewise every dealer out there) did a piss-poor job of educating the public on that fact.

Btw, I was referring to a manual transmission clutch initially ;)

Almost 187k on mine. Should have over 190k on it when my 2016 arrives.

It depends....my SVT Focus went at 70K..didn't know the reservoir was leaking on it.

My Mustang has 123K on it now...still has good amount of the clutch left

How long does a clutch last? At least 192,262 miles. Alas, I have decided to start the clock over. With the Focus going south, in respect to decontenting and assembly plant location, I'm sure I'm going to easily go past that number.

20161107_160740_zpsjvd7vufm.jpg

Has the gearing annoyed you yet? I've gotten used to it recently since my 08 broke a tie rod and I've been daily driving the new one for almost 2 weeks now while I wait on parts.

It seems like my '09 pulled better at low RPM, but the '16 is quicker at higher RPM's. Kina annoying, but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon.

But the new one rides so much smoother and quieter. :)

I have 134000 on my 2012 5 speed. Still fine. I will be picking up a 2017 ST with 5000 miles on it next Saturday.

Well a few months ago at 200,324 miles the slave cylinder developed a leak and I'm not putting the money into fixing it. I just can't justify it anymore. 

29 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Well a few months ago at 200,324 miles the slave cylinder developed a leak and I'm not putting the money into fixing it. I just can't justify it anymore. 

Ranger time?

36 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Ranger time?

Either a Ranger or 2020 Explorer. Either way I need to wait until I pay off some bills first so probably October-ish