2014 Taurus Front End Clunk

edselford

Has anyone experienced a front end suspension clunk on a 2014 Ford Taurus?

I have such a vehicle with 39,000 miles. Clunk started at 34,500 miles when vehicle was under warranty but for many different reasons, I went past the magic 36,000 warranty hoping the noise would go away.

It appears the clunk happens especially at low speeds when suspension encounters a bump but not a dip and its seems to be more severe on the pasenger side than the drivers side.

Before I spend any money to have Ford Dealer do a diagnosis, I would appreciate any ideas???

I have or have had the following ford vehicles: 2014 Taurus, 2014 Ford Escape, 2011 Ford Explorer, 2010 Ford Escape, 2008 Ford Edge, 2007 Ford Escape and a 2005 Ford Escape and none of these vehicle had anything like the Taurus issue.

Explorer,

Appreciate any feedback

Edselford

This is a pretty common problem with the D3 Tauruses, even my neighbor has a Taurus with this problem and I know Richard mentioned something about his Parent's Taurus developing suspension noises.

Edited by BORG

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys. Looks like I have a strut issue. Clunk does not happen while turning. From what I recall, my 2011 ford explorer started to have similar issues in terms or ride quality around 48,000 miles. I traded it in for this 2014 Taurus.

I think they are built on the same platform?? a derivation of an old Volvo XC 80 platform???

In my opinion this should not happen at this low mileage. Im disappointed in Ford for not coming up to the plate. I have taken very good care of this vehicle, almost never on gravel roads but I think it might be a quality thing. I wonder what all those police cars are going to be facing, unless the design has been revised???

Thanks Again

Edselford