2017 Continental At A Dealership!

How doesn't it make sense? I see your name is MKX1960..... Early onset of dementia? I'll explain like I would to a 6 year old..... What I mean is, when Ford says they are giving proactive torque vectoring that will route up to 70% to the rear wheels and 100% of 70% to either rear wheel, that means under normal driving conditions the vehicle drives like a big FWD turd. Unless I slam my foot on the gas or do 60 on a sharp bend, I'm driving through snow, I will never EVER see any RWD characteristics. ITS THAT SIMPLE

Don't bother trying to talk down when you don't have a clue what your talking about.

Sorry I've been busy all day doing stuff at my apartment complex and collecting rent...... The final thing I have to say is, I stopped to really look at the Cadillac lineup vs the Lincoln lineup...... No comparison, sorry....... Forget RWD vs FWD, the basis of each lineup doesn't even compare, Cadillac's look actually better than the German's and the Lincoln's look like a Buick competitor......

Sorry I've been busy all day doing stuff at my apartment complex and collecting rent...... The final thing I have to say is, I stopped to really look at the Cadillac lineup vs the Lincoln lineup...... No comparison, sorry....... Forget RWD vs FWD, the basis of each lineup doesn't even compare, Cadillac's look actually better than the German's and the Lincoln's look like a Buick competitor......

But that is not a fact, it's just your own opinion / preferences and that's something we should accept.

It will be interesting to see how Continental sells and what preferences those buyers choose in terms

of actual trim levels and engine options, it's clear that bang for bucks will weigh heavily with a lot of buyers.

I'm sorry but a 2.0T in North America CT6 is not a good look and considering the premium price that car deserves

a much better base engine of either 3.6 or preferably TT3.0. It's simply a matter of delivering a complete car

not a Cadillac with a Buick engine..Cadillac doesn't have an affordable 6.2 engine in sight, just some 4.2 TTV8

rumor as a hope to those wanting a V8...

Edited by jpd80

I'm interested in July sales.....

I'm expecting that CT6 will gather more sales steam, maybe take a few sales from CTS

but as mentioned above, I'd prefer a more commensurate base engine for CT6 like the 3,6 V6.

I think that would draw a lot more sales to CT6..

• Like 1

I'm expecting that CT6 will gather more sales steam, maybe take a few sales from CTS

but as mentioned above, I'd prefer a more commensurate base engine for CT6 like the 3,6 V6.

I hear ya, and I agree from a prestige stand point.... It's quite gross to have 4-banger in any luxury vehicle in my opinion, especially flagship. I think has too many V6's for the Continental, though. I see why Cadillac did the 2.0, because it can handle the job being the CT6 weighs no more than a CTS, but I think it'll be dropped by next year, as no one is buying a base CT6....... I see sales gaining momentum by year's end for Cadillac. The XT5 is going to do well and CT6. It's extremely impressive that these vehicles look better than a comparable Mercedes or BMW.

They also perform better....

Edited by LincolnLover

thumb.gif

I thought a large-ish v6 WITH RWD woulda been a good drivetrain for traditional Cadillac buyers - who have been ignored

thumb.gif

I thought a large-ish v6 WITH RWD woulda been a good drivetrain for traditional Cadillac buyers - who have been ignored

Which is what you get with the base Continental that's thousands cheaper...

(kinda like entry level V6 Mustang, people who want a V6 get easy access to it)

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

There ya go..... You may be on to something there my friend.... You could be a millionaire by bringing to market the first ever FWD bycicle offer better traction and less exertion of energy.

Millions and millions of Big Wheels sold with no issues...

This is not about you in particular, but a general observation. Having been an automotive enthusiast, and a female one at that, since my teens...................... not to mention a people watcher, I have observed some interesting things.(I am currently 51, and will be 52 in Aug). There is a general age group that I call the 20-something know-it-alls. It starts in the teens actually, and when it ends is up to the individual. They have decided that they know it all. They are right and you are wrong. Why?? Because they said so. Nothing they say is opinion, it is fact. You will not have a discussion with them because there is nothing to discuss............. after all.............. they are right. Just ask them, and they will tell you. At some point, in their 30's, they realize they do not know as much as they think they do (some never come to this realization). Most, by the time they hit their 40's realize they actually don't know much at all.

The thing is LL, that everything you are stating is your opinion. If you started out a definitive statement with "in my opinion," then you wouldn't get garbage from folks. But, you don't................. after all, you are right. Well, there is that and the pushing buttons thing also. It's ok, my 14-year-old does that also.

Might I suggest GMI as a good place to visit when you get your V8 CT6. Of course, you can always show it off here also, and we will all tell you what a nice car it is.............. because it is. The thing is, Cadillac isn't all right, and Lincoln all wrong, but that's ok................... and you can continue to push your buttons, and bravo on your real estate success.

• Like 1

This is not about you in particular, but a general observation. Having been an automotive enthusiast, and a female one at that, since my teens...................... not to mention a people watcher, I have observed some interesting things.(I am currently 51, and will be 52 in Aug). There is a general age group that I call the 20-something know-it-alls. It starts in the teens actually, and when it ends is up to the individual. They have decided that they know it all. They are right and you are wrong. Why?? Because they said so. Nothing they say is opinion, it is fact. You will not have a discussion with them because there is nothing to discuss............. after all.............. they are right. Just ask them, and they will tell you. At some point, in their 30's, they realize they do not know as much as they think they do (some never come to this realization). Most, by the time they hit their 40's realize they actually don't know much at all.

The thing is LL, that everything you are stating is your opinion. If you started out a definitive statement with "in my opinion," then you wouldn't get garbage from folks. But, you don't................. after all, you are right. Well, there is that and the pushing buttons thing also. It's ok, my 14-year-old does that also.

Might I suggest GMI as a good place to visit when you get your V8 CT6. Of course, you can always show it off here also, and we will all tell you what a nice car it is.............. because it is. The thing is, Cadillac isn't all right, and Lincoln all wrong, but that's ok................... and you can continue to push your buttons, and bravo on your real estate success.

Extreme, you are a very nice woman..... I do belong to GMI, bit of course my name isn't LincolnLover, I would most likely be destroyed...... In any event, I'm mature enough to agree that every thing is my opinion. I did also say facts, including all other premium luxury companies have amazing platforms, engines, including special RWD-bias, V8, V10, W12, etc, and including "torque vectoring", with the finest materials and features, while being very large. I don't doubt people buy the Lincoln's, I already have said we have a stupid 2010 MKZ that's been a lemon since we bought it. LED's in keypad, tail lights, rear drive axle, transmission cooler lines, window wipers in the doors, pads and rotors shot at 30k miles, easy fuel capless whatever, etc..... Thousands of dollars, for what? The car has tons of hard plastic, no headroom, no legroom, etc. it does have a beautiful design though, that could've hugely benefited from RWD proportions, and dynamics.

I already have said we have a stupid 2010 MKZ that's been a lemon since we bought it. LED's in keypad, tail lights, rear drive axle, transmission cooler lines, window wipers in the doors, pads and rotors shot at 30k miles, easy fuel capless whatever, etc..... Thousands of dollars, for what? The car has tons of hard plastic, no headroom, no legroom, etc. it does have a beautiful design though, that could've hugely benefited from RWD proportions, and dynamics.

A bad example of a car can really color your judgement and it sounds like you've had your fill.

Have you by chance had an opportunity to check out the later model MKZ ?

The CD4's longer wheelbase does wonders for ride comfort and better proportions.

Not trying to sell you another lemon, just don't let the older mMazda CD3 based platform,

put you off checking out the later stuff and what improvements have been done.

Generally, I've found with Frontys that the longer the wheelbase the nicer the drive

and if it's backed up with AWD, even better

A bad example of a car can really color your judgement and it sounds like you've had your fill.

Have you by chance had an opportunity to check out the later model MKZ ?

The CD4's longer wheelbase does wonders for ride comfort and better proportions.

Not trying to sell you another lemon, just don't let the older mMazda CD3 based platform,

put you off checking out the later stuff and what improvements have been done.

Generally, I've found with Frontys that the longer the wheelbase the nicer the drive

and if it's backed up with AWD, even better

Yeah, and like I said, I'm definitely test driving the Continental, I want to see how great it is..... My personal preference wants nothing to do with FWD, I think for super great economy, no big deal, but I like RWD in my luxury vehicles.

• Like 1

We gave the MKZ a big shot, I wanted to stick with a RWD, which would be from Cadillac, but the MKZ "looked" great, so we got another Lincoln. It's technically my mother's, but I drive it daily in between the LS, until I get the new Cadillac. I'm thinking on getting a 2013 ATS 3.6 V6 AWD Performance trim to hold me over.

We gave the MKZ a big shot, I wanted to stick with a RWD, which would be from Cadillac, but the MKZ "looked" great, so we got another Lincoln. It's technically my mother's, but I drive it daily in between the LS, until I get the new Cadillac. I'm thinking on getting a 2013 ATS 3.6 V6 AWD Performance trim to hold me over.

The V6 in ATS is a great choice, it should have plenty of punch.

Just be advised that there aren't that many V6 ATS out there

so you'll pay an inflated price for a 2013, maybe ~$30K or more?

Edited by jpd80

So when "we" gave it a shot you were what, 14? 15?

• Like 2

If you are a GMI member like you say, then you should know about the quality issues that the 2013 ATS's had, right?? When there are multiple people on one little enthusiast forum that have to get their cars bought back, you might aim for a much newer year.

Especially if you had so much trouble with the 2010.

Now, I will say this, the 2010 MKZ was before Lincoln was even trying at all. At that point, it was just a Ford trim package. The next MKZ, while a much better machine (I had a 2014 for a couple of days for my Lincoln Date Night), it was not "there" yet. It still had materials issues. I will say the drive was very good however, and it is as sporty as you want it to be when the suspension is on "Sport," and as comfortable as you would like it when on "Comfort." The car really impressed me much more than I expected. The Black Label versions just that much more, and the MCE versions a lot more again, as they fixed a lot of the materials issues.

That said, buy what you like, and like what you buy. After all, it is your money. Just do not disparage others for their opinions and choices either.

The V6 in ATS is a great choice, it should have plenty of punch.

Just be advised that there aren't that many V6 ATS out there

so you'll pay an inflated price for a 2013, maybe ~$30K or more?

The reason I'd be getting this ATS, is because I've got one local for an unimaginable price, clean as a whistle.....

I know, all vehicles, no matter who makes it, in the first year there are always things to are trouble some or need to be replaced, especially a totally all new vehicle. With that said, we're all enthusiasts here and I'm sure you could understand how I'm willing to take a chance, especially with the warranty offered. 2013 ATS AWD 3.6 V6 Performance with tons of extras 40k miles $18,500...... It's gorgeous, exactly for my tastes, perfect for a toy until next year. I would love to throw a Magnaflow exhaust, K&N intake, beautiful......

I think that's as far as I'd take it, unless I really love it, then I'd put a performance chip..... Otherwise, I'd have to get real work done, which isn't worth it to me..... Plan with no add ons the ATS is physical, but gotta have a K&N.....

If you are a GMI member like you say, then you should know about the quality issues that the 2013 ATS's had, right?? When there are multiple people on one little enthusiast forum that have to get their cars bought back, you might aim for a much newer year.

Especially if you had so much trouble with the 2010.

Now, I will say this, the 2010 MKZ was before Lincoln was even trying at all. At that point, it was just a Ford trim package. The next MKZ, while a much better machine (I had a 2014 for a couple of days for my Lincoln Date Night), it was not "there" yet. It still had materials issues. I will say the drive was very good however, and it is as sporty as you want it to be when the suspension is on "Sport," and as comfortable as you would like it when on "Comfort." The car really impressed me much more than I expected. The Black Label versions just that much more, and the MCE versions a lot more again, as they fixed a lot of the materials issues.

That said, buy what you like, and like what you buy. After all, it is your money. Just do not disparage others for their opinions and choices either.

Sure, CD4 could be a light years better than CD3, I'm sure that's the MKZ's problem, as was the LS, bad design and engineering...... The thing is, I think the majority got the same thing as me, a lemon, and that is what tarnished Lincoln, more so than the old outdated LS, Town Car, Mark LT, Navigator, etc...... I think that's why they went down so hard in the last de, because CD3 and their neglect to design and quality. So, let's say they did start 2013, kind of like Cadillac, even though Cadillac was in better shape, they redesigned completely too. By the end of the decade, they need to be moving closer to 500,000 units between NA and China..... Then, they both will have some nice profits to develop even better products. Right now, I admit my tastes are with Cadillac for sure, not even performance wise, but looks alone. I like a striking vehicle, something that sticks out in a lineup, but beautifully. I think the split wing waterfall grille was excellent, but needed tweaking. Vertical lines are better on the sedans, while crossovers and Navigator should have retained horizontal, unless everything has horizontal lines. Whatever, it's done, now a Jag grille. It looks great, just too generic and not Lincoln.

So when "we" gave it a shot you were what, 14? 15?

15, I was ahead of my years, not your average 15 year old. I have a die hard car and truck enthusiast for a father and it rubbed off harder on to me. I actually was against the car besides the looks, I didn't like the ride, too much FWD-bias, especially sea sick in the back seat, no matter who drives. I just hate getting pulled around a corner. My mom just had to have it, she didn't care, she loved the looks. She misses the LS, and she'll drive that every once in a while. She's a Corvette girl, always has had one, so she can tell the difference. She likes to go fast, I think when we pull up on BMW's and Mercedes or Audi's, the people are surprised to see someone driving a Lincoln and do a front wheel drive peel out on green, pedal to the medal, she's funny......